What did you do in the garden today?

Went to a few shows there tended to avoid it never that desperate for points
just love the green of Washington even going back to Minnesota or Wisconsin
just love the green here been here off an on for 51 years

Yes, that's one thing we don't have a lot of here. I miss green, but I'm working on the yard to bring more color. Need to find things the chickens won't eat though.

I will be more than happy to send you some Allen. Yes you can edit your profile and put in whatever you want. It's in your personal details on your profile.
Ok call the time and place when you are redy to do your dividing, I usually did it after they fruit out and the Texas sun made sure the plant was totally dead down to the base in summer. Then in October or so they would always come back in multiples(artichokes) If I hadn't done my dividing. Thank you in advance.

I love winters here...
20191218_105419 (2).jpg

Bananas I cut down from a house I am watching while friends are away (my chickens ate ALL of my banana plants :rolleyes: bad chickens...)
20191218_113129.jpg
and avos are from grandpa's tree -a graft that went to my DH's mom's place on Oahu about 40-50 years ago. Super big tree now and great fruiter, pretty cool. DH flew for doc appointment yesterday and came back with a few dozen avos and we shared a bunch.
Our papaya surplus is getting high but it's too good so I am NOT sharing this time... :p
20191218_114609 (2).jpg

Ok call the time and place when you are redy to do your dividing, I usually did it after they fruit out and the Texas sun made sure the plant was totally dead down to the base in summer. Then in October or so they would always come back in multiples(artichokes) If I hadn't done my dividing. Thank you in advance.

My pleasure! I usually have flowers ready for harvest in February/March with early summer die off. I made a note to remind myself to touch base with you on my calendar.

I love winters here... View attachment 1983995
Bananas I cut down from a house I am watching while friends are away (my chickens ate ALL of my banana plants :rolleyes: bad chickens...) View attachment 1983996 and avos are from grandpa's tree -a graft that went to my DH's mom's place on Oahu about 40-50 years ago. Super big tree now and great fruiter, pretty cool. DH flew for doc appointment yesterday and came back with a few dozen avos and we shared a bunch.
Our papaya surplus is getting high but it's too good so I am NOT sharing this time... :pView attachment 1984009

Yummy! Is your soil there naturally rich in nutrients or do you have to amend it? Ours wasn't exactly sterile, but it has been a long road to having a garden for us.

Back
Top Bottom