What did you do in the garden today?

Funny moved here like almost 6 years ago 3/4 acre maybe secretly lazy garden is tires .. have like 35 Chickens only 4 silkie for banty all other large but no urge to get bunnies or ducks no room for larger like goats or horses or cattle I knew this when I said lets look love the house and garages :ya

Good morning gardeners. It was slow at work today so I was let go early. I decided I better water since it's not supposed to rain again until next week.

Sadly, 2 of my lantana starts died off, but there's still one left. The tomatoes aren't turning red yet but I saw a few bees buzzing around in there so I left the plant.

Here are some snaps from today
View attachment 1983897 View attachment 1983898 View attachment 1983899 View attachment 1983900 View attachment 1983901 View attachment 1983902 View attachment 1983903
Love the artichokes, when you get around to doing the digging and dividing next season I would love a few of your offshoots with a bit of a tuber attached. My chicken will not allow me to grow them. We cage them and the LF stretch out their necks to get at those seedlings and it has been like 1 in 3 actually germinates from seed.

One other thing can you edit in a generalized location in your profile? "Account", "personal details" then fill in something as generic as you want under "location"

Love the artichokes, when you get around to doing the digging and dividing next season I would love a few of your offshoots with a bit of a tuber attached. My chicken will not allow me to grow them. We cage them and the LF stretch out their necks to get at those seedlings and it has been like 1 in 3 actually germinates from seed.

One other thing can you edit in a generalized location in your profile? "Account", "personal details" then fill in something as generic as you want under "location"

I will be more than happy to send you some Allen. Yes you can edit your profile and put in whatever you want. It's in your personal details on your profile.

Phoenix or the outskirts

Phoenix definitely isn't for everyone. You really do almost need oven mitts to drive in summer. The rest of the year is pretty nice though. We've been in the upper 60s to low 70s in the daytime for quite awhile with lots of sunny days.

People here don't seem as friendly as they do in other places, but my city is in the top 20 safest cities in America...

JR would be gone by now. That is unacceptable.

As for plants in the house. Sadly, that's a death sentence for them here. I'm amazed that last year I was able to keep a pointsettia alive until june. And my African violet is still going from August. It likes to be ignored too. I water when I see the first sign of droop. That's what it seems to want.

Back
Top Bottom