What did you do in the garden today?

BReeder!

Free Ranging
Mar 12, 2018
Plainfield, IL
My Coop
My Coop
This may be a VERY WET Spring (again)...https://weather.com/safety/floods/news/2020-02-13-spring-flood-risk-plains-midwest-south

Last year my garden flooded. The back 5-8ft were under 3-4" of water. I plant in raised rows, and raised beds, so all the plants were able to stay above water. Fortunately it was early enough in the season (early May I believe) that nothing and rooted deeply yet so I managed to avoid flooded roots. This Weather.com article states the high risk time for flooding is Feb-April, so I hope to avoid it. Last year it delayed farmers' crop planting in my area by a month. Many were in risk of missing deadlines.

karenerwin

Free Ranging
6 Years
Jun 11, 2013
Cedar Hill, Missouri
This may be a VERY WET Spring (again)...https://weather.com/safety/floods/news/2020-02-13-spring-flood-risk-plains-midwest-south

Last year my garden flooded. The back 5-8ft were under 3-4" of water. I plant in raised rows, and raised beds, so all the plants were able to stay above water. Fortunately it was early enough in the season (early May I believe) that nothing and rooted deeply yet so I managed to avoid flooded roots. This Weather.com article states the high risk time for flooding is Feb-April, so I hope to avoid it. Last year it delayed farmers' crop planting in my area by a month. Many were in risk of missing deadlines.
The last couple of years the farmer's fields in our area have been well under water when they should have already been planted. I know they were delayed as well, but not sure about how long. I always feel bad for them as I know they depend on a good harvest!

hysop

Crowing
Sep 16, 2019
Southwest Georgia
Does anyone here have any experience planting appleseeds? My specific question is: once I plant the seed in a pot and it grows, how long does it take for it to grow strong enough to be transplanted into their permanent location? Is it a whole year or a couple months? Either doesn’t bother me, I’m just trying to mentally prepare.

(I’m not planting appleseeds for fruit, but more for the trees since I love trees).

Latest posts

Top Bottom