What did you do in the garden today?

Good afternoon everyone. Made a monthly grocery run to New Hampshire this morning. Wanted to get there early to avoid the lines. I just finished picking everything close to edible stage. It was 39F at 6:30 am this morning supposed to be 35F tomorrow morning. I pulled my little poblano peppers. They’re small but an edible size. I haven’t weighed the beans but I’m sure it’s between 1/4 to 1/2 pound. There were a few small jalapeños, so I picked them as well as the sage and the two nearly ripe butternut squash. One was 2 1/2 pounds the other just under 3 pounds. Not a bad haul. I’m going to cover the okra since the temps are going back into the 70’s Wednesday afternoon. I’m glad the season is basically done. I still need to get grapes and apples to put up. I’m closing on my refinance on Thursday, woo hoo! The attorney actually comes to my house so I don’t have to drive into the Boston Metro area. I can find the VA hospitals, my friends house and the Animal Rescue folks in that area, anything else and I am totally lost. Your late tomato harvest looks great @Acre4Me. The green ones should ripen up nicely. Do you freeze your excess watermelon? As for the hazy skies we were having, they cleared up yesterday afternoon. I’m guessing the hurricane helped wash it out of the upper atmosphere. I’m glad you are getting rain @NewBoots.

Last edited:
Have a bucket full of tomato but allot went to the birds will do a batch of friend green potato three stages of being washed. There is a spare bedroom I spread a sheet in and grow bulb to ripen them
002.jpg
003.jpg
004.jpg

That is so cute! What breed is he?
He is 1/2 rat terrier & half mutt. He's a goofball & loves to offroad with us. He's kinda famous. ;):gig
Screenshot_20190415-193455 (1).png

We have a frost warning so I brought in the fruit trees, covered the dahlias (I'm not ready to lose them yet!) & picked only the big Brandyboys. I didn't bother with San Mazs, I'm over caring about them.
IMG_20200919_174520757.jpg

I'm so glad it's raining for you west coasters, nice to breathe again?

Ahhh crud wonder how they lived if you sprayed good

Hole in the ground rapidly clogged up with dead hornets stopping spray from getting into all of the nest is my guess. They actually dug another entrance about two inches from the original. That one is now clogged with dead yellow jackets - I shall prevail.

Well, the yellow jacket colony still lives. Resprayed tonight, and several tried to get me. It's war. Picked a half dozen tomatoes.
we make a death box for our ground hornets. Old rubbermade with a hole and a bit of screening on the top. They can see daylight and want to come out, The screen has a hole large enough for the end of the spray can. They can get out of the ground, but not from the rubbermade. Then we gas them.

Back
Top Bottom