What did you do in the garden today?

Ok so I got some pics of my victorio
20210903_080754.jpg

Heres it in action. It spits out the cores and skins from this end and leaves the pulp on the other side
20210903_082437.jpg
heres what it looks like when you take that white piece off.
20210903_082444.jpg
the grinding mechanism and
20210903_082558.jpg
the salsa strainer attachment. They come with just the pulper attachment. Thats great for tomato juice but not salsa. I bought mine at goodwill but had to purchase the attachment online. I think it was about 30 dollars.

Good morning gardeners. My goodness @Sueby, you don't already have a Mama Heating Pad? I think everyone should keep one handy just in case.... I got another little haul this morning. The last of the potatoes, very small about 1 pound worth, more pole beans some okra and lima beans. The jalapeno was small and accidental. I was checking it and it came off the branch. The 5 pounds of peaches gave me a little work out, but they're pretty and smell amazing. I got the okra into the freezer, a total of 1/2 pound so far. My okra plants kept producing into October last year so I expect to double that at least. I need to freeze some of the pole beans today after I finish my first batch of peach preserves. They're sitting on the counter warming up a bit before tossing them into the pot and cooking them up again. I still need to make the salsa verde with the tomatillos I bought at the Farmer's Market. Either today or tomorrow. Still so much to do. I have the same brand of brooder plate @Acre4Me. I need to get the dome for mine. I've tried making one out of cardboard but it's just not sturdy enough. I have the smaller model just to keep me limited in how many chicks I can get at one time. I have an area rug being delivered today. It's for the kitchen. An indoor /outdoor carpet to cover up the worn out old laminate that's on the floor now. Well, back to work now. Have a great gay everyone.

Harvest 3 Sept.JPG

Ok so I got some pics of my victorio
View attachment 2821066
Heres it in action. It spits out the cores and skins from this end and leaves the pulp on the other sideView attachment 2821068heres what it looks like when you take that white piece off.View attachment 2821070the grinding mechanism andView attachment 2821071the salsa strainer attachment. They come with just the pulper attachment. Thats great for tomato juice but not salsa. I bought mine at goodwill but had to purchase the attachment online. I think it was about 30 dollars.
My food mill is much smaller and simpler than that. It's the Granite Ware Deluxe Food Mill. I simmer my tomatoes down first then put them through the food mill. Very little waste and super easy to clean. I'll take a picture in the next day or two when I process more tomatoes.

My goodness @Sueby, you don't already have a Mama Heating Pad? I think everyone should keep one handy just in case....
I've only ever gotten pullets!! Never had chicks before because I don't want them in my house. But I have the small integration coop that no one is living in - I feel like I could brood them in there with a MHP. & then when they get a little bigger that coop has it's own run inside the big run. I feel like it's perfect. :gig

I've only ever gotten pullets!! Never had chicks before because I don't want them in my house. But I have the small integration coop that no one is living in - I feel like I could brood them in there with a MHP. & then when they get a little bigger that coop has it's own run inside the big run. I feel like it's perfect. :gig
Go for it!! Fall is great for brooding chicks. Still warm enough for them, and come early spring with lengthening days, they will begin to lay when everyone else is buying spring chicks!

My food mill is much smaller and simpler than that. It's the Granite Ware Deluxe Food Mill. I simmer my tomatoes down first then put them through the food mill. Very little waste and super easy to clean. I'll take a picture in the next day or two when I process more tomatoes.
I simmer mine down after because it gets very juicy. Id love to pics of yours. My neighbor let me borrow her victorio last year and I fell in love with it. Then I just got super lucky at goodwill after canning season

Back
Top Bottom