What did you do in the garden today?

Ok so I got some pics of my victorio
View attachment 2821066
Heres it in action. It spits out the cores and skins from this end and leaves the pulp on the other sideView attachment 2821068heres what it looks like when you take that white piece off.View attachment 2821070the grinding mechanism andView attachment 2821071the salsa strainer attachment. They come with just the pulper attachment. Thats great for tomato juice but not salsa. I bought mine at goodwill but had to purchase the attachment online. I think it was about 30 dollars.
I use a Foley food mill . Easy to use and clean . I also have your type but prefer the Foley .

My dahlias have finally started to bloom the last week and a half - it was a horribly cold and wet start to the year so I was worried they would never get there. I have about seven other varieties that should start blooming in the next week or so. So excited for all this beauty!

We had winds just under 100km/hr yesterday and through the night, so I'm glad I didn't loose the dahlias aside from a side branch off of one plant. The corn (staked up well, of course) survived as well!

This is "Lilac Time" a beautiful lilac dinner plate variety!

IMG_7352.jpg

This is "Penhill Autumn Shade" - another dinner plate variety

IMG_7362-2.jpg

This one is "David Digweed"

IMG_7365-2.jpg

And this is the variety "Viking" - a beautiful smaller ball

IMG_7368-3.jpg

My dahlias have finally started to bloom the last week and a half - it was a horribly cold and wet start to the year so I was worried they would never get there. I have about seven other varieties that should start blooming in the next week or so. So excited for all this beauty!

View attachment 2821177

This is "Penhill Autumn Shade - another dinner plate variety

View attachment 2821178

View attachment 2821179

View attachment 2821180
Jealous they are beautiful!

DH says 'do it'. If I could trust the hatchery to not send me extra chicks I would, but I highly doubt they'll just send the 3 I order. I don't have room for more than that - heck I don't have room for 3 in the big coop now, but ya know how that goes! :gigI wish I could bring myself to eat them, lol.

I have the dehydrator full of squash chips now. Picked a bunch of peppers. Need to pick some beans too.

We had winds just under 100km/hr yesterday and through the night, so I'm glad I didn't loose the dahlias aside from a side branch off of one plant. The corn (staked up well, of course) survived as well!

View attachment 2821177

This is "Penhill Autumn Shade" - another dinner plate variety

View attachment 2821178

View attachment 2821179

View attachment 2821180
Definitely a good year for the Dahlias here. I need to order some dinner plate ones, all mine are on the smaller side at this point. This is the first time I've had the ball ones (I call them lollipop) & I just adore them. Your's are beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom