What did you do in the garden today?

CRAYFISH! In my driveway. 🤣

He looks ready to fight-claws up!

IMG_4552.jpeg

remember last year, I noted the crayfish mounds in the lower pathway (wetter area) in my garden. Well, now they’ve migrated towards the fruit trees along the back driveway.
IMG_4554.jpeg

Even a book about Crayfish in Ohio, apparently many species! No, I have not figured which kind we have, nor have I harvested any!

IMG_4553.jpeg

View attachment 3797552

remember last year, I noted the crayfish mounds in the lower pathway (wetter area) in my garden. Well, now they’ve migrated towards the fruit trees along the back driveway.
View attachment 3797560

Even a book about Crayfish in Ohio, apparently many species! No, I have not figured which kind we have, nor have I harvested any!

View attachment 3797561
I remember that last year, I was SHOCKED they could live on land. 😂

I'm so happy, I got so much done. 5 beds got compost, one small half gallon at a time because that's my weight limit. 😂
IMG_20240410_164122997.jpg

IMG_20240410_161950362.jpg

My peach tree is busting out - I think the 3 buds mean flower buds, correct?
Screenshot_20240410-182947.png

View attachment 3797552

View attachment 3797560

View attachment 3797561
In Indiana & Michigan when I was growing up, we called those crawdads...

Down here in da South, they be Mud bugs.... 😂

It just started sprinkling. Hope that leads to some meaningful rain this time. 🙄

Checked my apple seeds and found 2 sprouted. 🥰 I transferred them into dirt. That makes 3 seedlings. Praying that even just ONE of them makes it to actual fruit set in 5 yrs or so... 🤞🙏🤞🙏 That would give me 4 apple trees of all different varieties.

After this rain passes tonight, I'll have to spray all the fruit trees with orchard spray to prevent bugs & blight.

Nothing... focused my effort today on finally getting the chicken run together. Is nearly completed. I just need to hang wire asking the roof to keep critters from getting in from the top.
1712794565396.png

I need to get potatoes in the ground. I need to till first though and I broke the drive belt on my tiller working on my SIL's yard.

Back
Top Bottom