What did you do in the garden today?

Question here : is there such a thing as tomato math. ?? I don't need any more canned tomato products, so why do I think I need to have tomato plants? Anyone else.
Last year was the first time I didn't have enough tomatoes but that was due to the danged weather. I always plant way more tomatoes than I can possibly eat fresh and can. Thank goodness I still had some older jars left over from a previous crop.

Speaking of canned tomatoes, DP opened a jar from last season and not only did the lid not hiss when opened, I could smell fermentation when she brought it to me to check. I've had seals fail before but this is the first time I could smell it. :confused:

I finally managed to get my hands in my precious amended garden dirt.:celebrate:woot:thumbsup
I put some wood ash on my raised garden this winter. I found out our soil is mostly alkaline, so no go on the ash! I removed all the ash piles today. I found out the compost I've been making since last spring from chix poo and pine bedding has turned out nicely now that it's spring! Soft, moist, dark golden goods made from their poo. I'm so excited to add it to my soil's in my raised garden and wicking tubs. I'm planting my seeds, & garlic tomorrow and starting my seedlings :wee .
I HATE THAT TAXES ARE DUE THIS TIME OF YEAR!!!?. Why not Oct.!! @$_-+&#@$-+-_#@!!!
Question here : is there such a thing as tomato math. ?? I don't need any more canned tomato products, so why do I think I need to have tomato plants? Anyone else.

me too. but I feed chickens with anything extra in my garden. no waste here (no compost either as my animals eat it all).

I managed to get some pruning done yesterday. I cut away most of the blackberry vines so my Fritillaries can grow unobstructed. I also got halfway through pruning back the trumpet / butterfly bush. I’m tossing the branches into the bed I raised up to 2 feet. The base is about done. I need to add leaves and compost before adding the dirt. Then I can finally plant there. Tomorrow is likely going to be a washout so I need to do as much as possible today.

Love to see what everyone is doing! Springtime in the garden 🐝
Today is going to be rainy 🌧 so I'm going to bake bread or sweet rolls. Still deciding. Attached pictures from earlier in the week.
20240331_123917.jpg
20240407_130645.jpg
20240407_130610.jpg
❤️

I HATE THAT TAXES ARE DUE THIS TIME OF YEAR!!!?. Why not Oct.!! @$_-+&#@$-+-_#@!!!
It is my personal opinion that Tax Day should be moved to November 6th. 😉

Back
Top Bottom