What did you do in the garden today?

Latin name: Rumex acetosa. I've never tried it, so really have no idea how I will use it. But, it's peaked my interest for a number of years, b/c it is listed as a very early green, useful in salads and cooking, and a perennial. So... gotta try it. It made it onto my order sheet from Pine Tree Seeds last night. Unless they are sold out, I should be receiving it for spring planting.
Gotcha--the greens one. They are very hardy and very early. The leaves are kind of lemony. In addition to the little ones as salad green, they make a nice green citrusy soup. Glad you found some!

Hi everybody. Hope you're all well.

I haven't been in the garden in a while but I got a few chores done out there today. Watered a few things, cleaned the coop up some, reassembled the compost pile. Good grief, the chickens had it spread across half the yard!
There's no life in the crepe myrtles yet, not the apple tree either. I hope they all make it.
The in laws will be over this weekend and then I'll have more time for outside. The weather is chilly in the morning but it's gorgeous out there in the afternoons.
Have a great day!

I really wanna get some pollinator plants running in my lawn/garden. :O It's rough o work on sometimes. We have SO many deer and they eat EVERYTHING. I took a photo today of them digging through a foot of snow to graze my neighbor's front yard, about 2' from the front stoop. 4-5 of them. They walk right up to my 60lb dogs and try to play with them. Hard to grow without a fence.
If you have a dollar tree nearby. They have boxes of pollinator seeds. They have different mixes. I took the tiller and ran some designs in the front lawn last year. So I have almost like a winding path of wild flowers gardens in the front. This year we are going to do about an acre of land.

Hubs & I have both been ordering seeds, and it's just about time to get some of the seeds started indoors. Been having some dental work done the last few weeks (yesterday was the last), and my head is ringing! Don't really feel like doing much right now - time for more ibuprofen. Hope to start working on the seeds soon.

There is product on the open market Aspercream with Lidocane please pick it up icy hot even paus salon has one out your kidneys will thank you JMHO

Runner, I have a whole bunch of pollinator seeds. I got some from our local botanical gardens, and I have some from a honey nut cheerios save the bees promotion they were doing where they gave out millions of free pollinator seed packets to people to support bee conservation. I also have a couple from some pet memorial service and stuff... Just random ones from all over but I've got 'em. But I have never been able to get them to grow. The soil where I live is just too poor without amendments. It takes a lot more than just tilling in the sod to make things grow around here. :T Many amendments are needed to make the land growable.

We're still under many inches of snow and cold right now, so nothing outside in my garden today. Instead I took some time to sort out my seed packets. I sorted them by planting (indoor transplant starting) date and bundled them with rubber bands.
I also have a bad cold/flu/something that's making working hard. I wish I had some goldenseal root tea or something to help, but I don't. So I gotta make due with what I've got... Good ol' generic day/nyquil liquigels and chamomile. :p I really wanna get my seeds starting stuff together but I really feel terrible.

Back
Top Bottom