What did you do in the garden today?

Truly envy y'all with seasons. Today was a typical So Cal "winter" day. 60 degrees, scattered clouds but mostly sunny...no breaks in the seasons. Planted the last of my onion order, thinned my beets, planted seeds for cilantro and dill. Was gifted with arugula starts so planted those as well. Cleaned up the plots, turned the compost, fed everything and irrigated.

I did something! It was gorgeous and sunny here this weekend and in the high 50s or so, so I was outside all weekend. And I cleaned out my shed! It's actually a really nice big building when all the crap isn't strewn everywhere. Feeling accomplished over here. :) It's got power and a window and shelving. I think I may move some of my potting up and transplanting out there. Probably not the seed starting because of the temp fluctuations we've been having.

I also winnowed down my seed list. I'm trying to be disciplined. It's hard.

I hope penny and mouse are on the mend!

I *am* starting to feel better, actually! Thanks for asking! :) Still coughing/short of breath but my energy levels are starting to return (ie; not sleeping all day) and my head has been clearing up. Soon I'll be back to being a human being again!
I also got two new rabbits this week. I'm slowly but surely making some changes to my stock. I've got some strange crosses I'm playing around with because I am trying to get some tricolor rex (standard, not mini) and almost nobody breeds em. So I have a strange amalgamation of rabbits that are not-quite tricolor that I'm going to spend the year breeding back and forth until I get the tris I want.

Does anyone have a hoop greenhouse and can tell me how long the plastic has lasted over it? Dh thinks we should put up a hoop greenhouse but not sure if it would be worth it if the plastic will only last a year.
I called a greenhouse supply comp. and they told me there is a chemical in the pvc that will deteriorate the plastic so it won't last very long.

Back
Top Bottom