What did you do in the garden today?

I'm calling it soil.View attachment 2010879View attachment 2010862
I will add coop poop today and some carbon and close the other barrel for spinning. Perfect timing.
Zucchini is plugging along, yes planted close together but that's small space gardening. View attachment 2010866
And I'm thinking it is time to convert my growing tables to raised garden beds. I'm not propagating much anymore and can direct seed most of my veggies now a days. It is a brutally hot and horrible spot. Shop behind, along with main house needs to be painted. Actually i 'd like to replace the siding, so got to keep things kinda of mobile though i don't foresee that project happening for a few years. It is just crap collecting eyesore now.View attachment 2010871
Though the girls like hunting the lizards that hide in and around the pots.

Installed a new stereo in the old girl the other day, replacing the one that crapped out. Yippee to legal hands free phone calls and Pandora.
View attachment 2010876

Will be done Herculiner-ing bed today, then can put back on racks and boxes in a few and will finally be done with truck and ready to move on. 🤪
Nice compost. I'd say it's done enough. Do youn screen it or add it as is to the garden?

Good morning gardeners,

It's very early here, not even 0500 yet. Won't be doing much in the garden today but run a hose. However, the xeriscape grass has sprouted. It has been in my chest freezer for a couple of years. Have a great day everyone!
20200125_080458.jpg

Good morning all. I'll say you were up early @igorsMistress. I know you were up way before me and you're in a different time zone. I had to start using an alarm clock to get me out of bed by 6 am EST. One day last week I slept until 6:45 am. I can't really hear the rooster with the windows closed up but I can say I've been sleeping very well. It is all confirmed now, all of my girls are laying now. Everyone is not laying everyday, but all are laying at their own pace which is a good thing. I give them an extra 30 minutes to an hour of light in the morning, but they are still only getting around 11 hours of daylight per day. We got an inch of rain last night but there is still snow in the backyard and some in the front. Day time highs are forecasted in the low 40's for the next 7 days so it will melt. That's good news for the compost tumbler. As soon as it looks like a dry stretch of weather I want to get started on framing my new garden bed. I would love to get dirt in it as early as possible and put hoops and plastic over it for early planting. A girl can dream, right? Have a great day everyone.

@Wee Farmer Sarah. I'm up early every day. 0600 is sleeping in, but it's hard to break the habit after 30 years. Congratulations on the eggs! My girls are ramping up too. I found a pullet egg on the poop board a couple of days ago, I think my Dorking is the newbie.
I got up between 4 and 4:15 am everyday for nearly 50 years. It's only been the last 5 - 6 months that I've been gradually sleeping later. I like it! :) And, another reason why I don't use poop boards in my coop. My clan is easily confused and they might think it's a nest box as well. After I built the ladder style roost bars it was kind of sad watching them try to figure out how to get down. They go up fine, but after nearly a year they still struggle. So I'll just keep scooping poo from the floor under their roost everyday. It's less confusing for them.

Made pancakes for breakfast. Poured about 4 ounces of milk to drink, took a big gulp. Could NOT have been more sour. UGH If I wasn't so congested I probably would have smelled it. I can't believe DH didn't taste how bad it was when he had it on his cereal, or notice the smell. It was FINE yesterday on my cereal. Dated 23rd.

SO annoyed.

Back
Top Bottom