What did you do in the garden today?

Good morning gardeners. I forgot to set my alarm last night so I slept in until 6:15 am. I would like to plant some asparagus but right now the best garden bed available is 2 feet 5 feet. I don't need a lot of asparagus so I'm hoping the 10 square feet would be enough space for 5 plants. What is your opinion on this @karenerwin? I got the Gurneys Seed catalog yesterday. They're having a 50% off sale. Honestly, the prices are better on the seed packets than what I can get at the Job Lots Store. They also have lingonberry plants for way less than the other vendors. I looked at some you tube videos on pruning peach trees and it is different than pruning apple trees. One thing about removing the central "branch" to spread the branches out like an umbrella (sort of). My little peach tree doesn't have that central spike so I think I should put spacers on the two top branches to push them away from each other. Also, the lowest branch on this tree is barely 2 feet off the ground. I'm thinking I should cut that one off. Anyone have any experience with this? I think we might get a bit of an early Spring. My local birds are hanging out in the bird houses already. So perhaps they know something we don't. Your new rooster is quite handsome @TropicalBabies and thank you for the lovely pictures. It was still above freezing last night but we still have snow lingering on. At least the ground is getting a good soaking and my heather has doubled in size since I planted it last Autumn. Have a great day everyone.

Good morning gardeners. I forgot to set my alarm last night so I slept in until 6:15 am. I would like to plant some asparagus but right now the best garden bed available is 2 feet 5 feet. I don't need a lot of asparagus so I'm hoping the 10 square feet would be enough space for 5 plants. What is your opinion on this @karenerwin? I got the Gurneys Seed catalog yesterday. They're having a 50% off sale. Honestly, the prices are better on the seed packets than what I can get at the Job Lots Store. They also have lingonberry plants for way less than the other vendors. I looked at some you tube videos on pruning peach trees and it is different than pruning apple trees. One thing about removing the central "branch" to spread the branches out like an umbrella (sort of). My little peach tree doesn't have that central spike so I think I should put spacers on the two top branches to push them away from each other. Also, the lowest branch on this tree is barely 2 feet off the ground. I'm thinking I should cut that one off. Anyone have any experience with this? I think we might get a bit of an early Spring. My local birds are hanging out in the bird houses already. So perhaps they know something we don't. Your new rooster is quite handsome @TropicalBabies and thank you for the lovely pictures. It was still above freezing last night but we still have snow lingering on. At least the ground is getting a good soaking and my heather has doubled in size since I planted it last Autumn. Have a great day everyone.
From what I have managed to read so far that should be more than enough space. The recommended spacing is 12" between to give the roots space to spread out.

Yes, that should be plenty of space!

My Mom is out of surgery but I haven’t been able to go back to see her yet. They said the surgery was well. So hopefully her recovery will go well also. She was in surgery twice as long as predicted though.
I’ve been here at the hospital almost 12 hours and she is still in recovery. They are waiting for a room. I’m exhausted 😩.

My Mom is out of surgery but I haven’t been able to go back to see her yet. They said the surgery was well. So hopefully her recovery will go well also. She was in surgery twice as long as predicted though.
I’ve been here at the hospital almost 12 hours and she is still in recovery. They are waiting for a room. I’m exhausted 😩.
I hope all is going well. :hugs

No wonder your exhausted girl take it easy on you sound like it all went good for her :frow

Please update us when you can. Keeping you in my good thoughts. 🙏

Well gang,
I called KHS and got a call back in under an hour. I couldn't believe it... I have had such a hard time in the past. But it gets better... the very nice professional gal at the other end of the phone was in our area and had a trap! They just hired another body yesterday so she is only responsible for 1/2 the island now lol! She set the trap and I will check it and call her if and when we catch a dog. Then reset etc. I am so happy. Thanks gang! That was easy and awesome!!!

Back
Top Bottom