What did you do in the garden today?

Hey thinking about those bush cherries . Are they Prunus Besseyi species ? I am familiar with the Canadian bred bush cherries but not the others .
I have a Joel and a Jan bush cherry. Here's a link to exactly what I have:
https://hirts.com/joel-jan-bush-che...lkb1-d07Zu_yev-9YRNM4AXCWBR7o9y4aAq9CEALw_wcB
Speaking of my cherries, they are still on the counter waiting for warm weather. The leaves wilted but some new leaves are forming. I actually think they got overwatered. I blame myself because I thought they were in need of water when just a few leaves wilted so I gave them plenty to drink. Now I laid off the water and they seem to be bouncing back.

Why are you pulling your asparagus? Did you decide to replace it with something else?
I guess you haven't caught any of the wild dogs (again) yet or we would have heard about it.
I'm jealous of your horses!
Aloha Karen!
I'm pulling the asparagus because I have so little safe, functioning garden space and the asparagus is only good for a few weeks a few times out of the year. I'm thinking I will pot them up in nice big pots till I can find a better spot for them, they will probably do better directly in sandy loam topped w/ compost anyways... my bed is probably too rich :idunno I was thinking of onions and kale for that box instead, they wouldn't be soil snobs... :p

Last edited:
Busy weekend here. I work for a John Deere dealer with 5 locations and we had 2 spots in the local home show so most of my weekend was spent there. Did manage to get some seeds from tractor supply today.

The company who installed our roof last month will be installing a new front door on our house tomorrow, so I'm home all day for that. What better time than to work on enlarging the vegetable garden.

Picked up my supplies today so I can get started and be home most of the day. Hopefully the Daytona 500 doesn't get rained out again.
Thats like a dream job lol. You know what they say...? You can't be too rich, too thin or have too many JD's. That is a saying right? Should be anyways...

Except for the actual roof and painting it, the new hive is done. Oh. I also need to make the eco floor and pour wax in the starter bars, but that's not so bad.
Made it to 49 degrees at 1130 this morning, then a cold front came through.
Winds picked up and at 230 it's 40 and dropping. Sigh.Still nice though.

Last edited:
Except for the actual roof and painting it, the new hive is done. Oh. I also need to make the eco floor and pour wax in the starter bars, but that's not so bad.
Made it to 49 degrees at 1130 this morning, then a cold front came through.
Winds picked up and at 230 it's 40 and dropping. Sigh.Still nice though.
Pictures of the new bee hive, please!

Back
Top Bottom