What did you do in the garden today?

Happy to see activity here again....

@karenerwin I finally started pruning my dwarf fruit trees late last fall after not keeping up with it for three years. After cutting back the branches I could do with the limb cutter, I marked limbs for hubby to cut with the chain saw. It was a huge under taking. And I have spray paint tagged limbs to watch for this coming fall.

Mustn't remove more than 1/4 the top structure or the roots will overstimulate in the Spring with an abundance of new shoots. These are often water sprouts or shoots from the ground below a graft. That defeats your work. I carry a pair of pruning shears in my pocket and nip those off as soon as I see them.

I have pepper seeds popping in a pot in the kitchen window. Transplanted lettuce that I found in a garden path up to the raised bed. Then trimmed back some dried perennials that I have for drawing in the pollinators. We have rain coming tomorrow.

Hello gardeners. I've been plagued by a migraine for a couple of days, but started feeling better today after the storm rolled out. I didn't do a thing in the garden because we got an inch of rain between last night and this afternoon, then a lovely sunset in a clear sky. Temps should be up to 80 by next Friday and we'll be marking off the area for the full sun garden. I'm really excited to get that going, still need to decide on size. Have a great weekend all.

Glad you decided to join this thread. I know you were looking for chicken friendly gardening options. There's plenty of experienced people on here.

Also, I wish my sweet potatoes sprouted that easily. Since I know you are not too far from me, do you know where you bought them? It's good to know there's a grocery source that is not treated with chemical agents or radiation to prevent sprouting.
Most likely from Tony's at caton farm & 59
But they have probably been there a month. I buy them but my wife cant eat them since morning sickness so she doesn't cook them.

Most likely from Tony's at caton farm & 59
But they have probably been there a month. I buy them but my wife cant eat them since morning sickness so she doesn't cook them.
Congrats on the morning sickness. :celebrate Just don't say it that way to your wife. :oops:

I bought my sweet potatoes at that exact same store. Two of the 6 halves soaking in water are growing small roots already.

Congrats on the morning sickness. :celebrate Just don't say it that way to your wife. :oops:

I bought my sweet potatoes at that exact same store. Two of the 6 halves soaking in water are growing small roots already.
Ha I should clarify the morning sickness was 10 years ago She still cant eat them lol. Fire Water BBQ a year and a half ago lol

Ha I should clarify the morning sickness was 10 years ago She still cant eat them lol. Fire Water BBQ a year and a half ago lol
Well the congrats is just a bit late. :lau

BTW, Fire Water is good food. However, I really like Sharko's on 119th or 111th (cannot remember which at the moment) and rte 59.

Back
Top Bottom