What did you do in the garden today?

Friends are the best. I had gotten a little couch-locked playing a new video game for hours on end. She came over on Sunday and we went out to the garden. Put the last potted plants into the ground and cleared out some determined blackberry bushes. My compost bin is chock full! I will have to work on getting it turned later this week to get it to heat up nicely.

I was exhausted afterwards but I'm so happy that we got all that done. I still have a bunch of raking to do and breaking down a bunch of sticks for the city compost.

I have not found poblano pepper seeds anywhere. I may have to order them online.
Not sure how well this would work. Those peppers are readily available at grocery store. Would opening and taking those seeds work??? My mom used to do tomatoes like that,,,, from tasty ones she found at store. Grew them that spring.

Got my fish tank greenhouse going, got 2 dozen tomato plants, 200+ hot pepper seedlings, lots of eggplant, a dozen cucumbers, some lemon tree cuttings, and I’m trying to figure out what to do with a mango tree that is having a fight with fungus. Could someone help me there please? I’ll link the thread so you can get the info and see the pictures. I don’t have a clue what’s going on with the plant, what to do with it or what sort of fungus it is or how to treat it. https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/help-with-a-plant-fungus-problem.1351917/

Not sure how well this would work. Those peppers are readily available at grocery store. Would opening and taking those seeds work??? My mom used to do tomatoes like that,,,, from tasty ones she found at store. Grew them that spring.
That probably won’t work, the peppers are usually harvested before they ripen meaning the seeds aren’t mature and usually aren’t viable. You can try your luck though, I would recommend the paper towel method. I usually order my seeds from seedsnow.com. (Seedsnow in case the link is moderated). Excellent choices, amazing viability and perfected and helpful costumer service. Tell them the seeds don’t germinate and they send some more for free!

I would rather buy seeds. If the pepper you take the seeds from was a hybrid, no telling what you might get. Btw: it is currently 70F and breezy here. What a shock. I opened a couple of windows to let in fresh air.

Friends are the best. I had gotten a little couch-locked playing a new video game for hours on end. She came over on Sunday and we went out to the garden. Put the last potted plants into the ground and cleared out some determined blackberry bushes. My compost bin is chock full! I will have to work on getting it turned later this week to get it to heat up nicely.

I was exhausted afterwards but I'm so happy that we got all that done. I still have a bunch of raking to do and breaking down a bunch of sticks for the city compost.

what are you playing? 👀
I finished Horizon: Zero Dawn a couple months ago and it’s ruined games for me now, hah! I’m grateful I haven’t been sucked in to anything new though, there’s so much hardscape to do outside.

We frosted hard last night and I lost my tomato seedlings, which I figured. I started them too early anyway.

got started on mulching the duck pen outside and set some rocks in the ground around their tub. Plus I added a brick floor to the greenhouse for better overnight heat retention. I’m wiped. My fibro decided today would be a good day to say hello. 😭

I worked from home today, but it is to wet outside to do anything. It's been rain on and off all day.

I managed to start framing the new 3-bin compost setup from scrap lumber the other day. The back wall is complete and measures 3'x12'. I'll add side walls measuring 3'x3' placed every 4' along the back wall to make 3 bins measuring 4'x3'x3'. Then I have to actually move the compost piles from the old bins over 50' to the new ones. I'll reuse as much of the lumber from the old bins as I can along the way.

Back
Top Bottom