What did you do in the garden today?

Good morning gardeners. OK @WthrLady, I think I'm ready for second breakfast now after reading about your cooking adventures. Yesterday got up to mid 60's again. I pounded the fertilized stakes in for the fruit trees. And tied some dryer sheets to their branches. I'm sure the neighbors think I've lost my mind. No worries. LOL! Unfortunately I noticed my tulips and crocuses are coming up already in the front yard. The tiny daffodils I planted last year in the backyard are breaking through the ground as well. The overnight temps will be getting into the 20's later this week so perhaps I should cover them? I'm planning on doing some raking and cleaning in the front yard and turning the soil in the garden bed I have designated for the peas. I still have not adjusted to the time change. I thought I was doing good last night and got to bed around the usual "clock" time. But good golly, I slept until almost 7 am this morning. (that was almost 10 hours of sleep) I guess I need to set my alarm clock. I'm starting to rethink some of my fun activities for the rest of the month and try to stay away from crowds a bit more. People are getting sick all around. Not fun. I'll just hang out in my garden and play with the chickens. Have a great day everyone.

I split all my english muffins and toast them under the broiler on a cookie sheet. I bake a cake pan full of scrambled eggs and when they're cool, slice them into squares and slap 'em on a muffin, and add cheese, cooked bacon or sausage. Wrap in plastic and freeze.

I also make some in little muffin tins. I smash some croissant dough from a tube in the well, add bacon or sausage, some scrambled egg, top with cheese and bake at 350 until the egg is cooked.

I've also done pancake batter, toss in some bacon or sausage and bake in the muffin tins until cooked. THOSE are so yummy.
Thanks! They sound yummy!

I'm going to Kansas City, Missouri on the 25th for a concert. I was talking to the friend that I am going with. I asked her if she was concerned about the concert crowed and the corona virus and she said,"Not today". :lau
I'm debating taking a mask to wear but I saw a post on Facebook (so, it's got to be true! :lau)
that they are saying the face masks won't prevent you from getting it.
Then in May traveling to New Jersey for a wedding (we are driving but my daughter will be flying). Hopefully by then it will be water under the bridge. :fl:fl

Overcast and cloudy today. I need to get out to find a dress to wear to the wedding. I'm more of a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl.:gigI had to google what business casual even means in dresses! I'm hoping that I can get 1 dress and be able to wear it to both weddings this year!

@Acre4Me that is really cool that you and your spouse both gave input on the colors! That looks like it was/is a lot of work!! But so cool once you get it finished!! Do you quilt your own when you are finished or do you send it out somewhere for that part?

Good morning gardeners. OK @WthrLady, I think I'm ready for second breakfast now after reading about your cooking adventures. Yesterday got up to mid 60's again. I pounded the fertilized stakes in for the fruit trees. And tied some dryer sheets to their branches. I'm sure the neighbors think I've lost my mind. No worries. LOL! Unfortunately I noticed my tulips and crocuses are coming up already in the front yard. The tiny daffodils I planted last year in the backyard are breaking through the ground as well. The overnight temps will be getting into the 20's later this week so perhaps I should cover them? I'm planning on doing some raking and cleaning in the front yard and turning the soil in the garden bed I have designated for the peas. I still have not adjusted to the time change. I thought I was doing good last night and got to bed around the usual "clock" time. But good golly, I slept until almost 7 am this morning. (that was almost 10 hours of sleep) I guess I need to set my alarm clock. I'm starting to rethink some of my fun activities for the rest of the month and try to stay away from crowds a bit more. People are getting sick all around. Not fun. I'll just hang out in my garden and play with the chickens. Have a great day everyone.

our hyacinth and daffodils have been fine with mid-upper 20s lows. I don’t cover them or even split them in the fall, they’re just doing their own thing at this point.

[/QUOTE]

@Acre4Me that is really cool that you and your spouse both gave input on the colors! That looks like it was/is a lot of work!! But so cool once you get it finished!! Do you quilt your own when you are finished or do you send it out somewhere for that part?
[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Yes, I’ve quilted, but basic stuff only. So, this will likely be taken to a longarm quilter to get an all-over design. The cost at one place is $0.02/sq in. Another place is slightly lower. Everyone else is more expensive. Then there is a whole other category of “custom” quilting, of which I’m afraid to ask the cost. I was watching a Christmas quilt get custom quilted last fall, so a Christmas tree design was being quilted in certain triangle pieces, and other designs in other areas -really nice looking, but when it takes the quilter a lot more work (on their computerized longarm), it’s going to cost a bit more than 2 cents a square inch. Perhaps I’ll decide to quilt it myself, but only if I decide to simply outline the shapes, or similar.

what are you playing? 👀
I finished Horizon: Zero Dawn a couple months ago and it’s ruined games for me now, hah! I’m grateful I haven’t been sucked in to anything new though, there’s so much hardscape to do outside.

We frosted hard last night and I lost my tomato seedlings, which I figured. I started them too early anyway.

got started on mulching the duck pen outside and set some rocks in the ground around their tub. Plus I added a brick floor to the greenhouse for better overnight heat retention. I’m wiped. My fibro decided today would be a good day to say hello. 😭

Oh god, I'm playing Stardew Valley. It's a peaceful little game about gardening and living in a small community. It's ridiculously addictive for such a silly game.

Oh god, I'm playing Stardew Valley. It's a peaceful little game about gardening and living in a small community. It's ridiculously addictive for such a silly game.

I have sunk hundreds
of
hours
Into stardew hahahahah!
"I have 20 minutes left before I have to leave, that's enough for one more day cycle if I go to bed by 10pm"
"Okay if I play one more day I think I can get enough money for the kitchen upgrade. Oh. frick, it's tuesday. okay, ONE more day then"

Had not heard of that googled it but my vision... I am blind in the right cannot see alot on the left and Old lady .. Think I will go clean my coops now

To be fair, I used the game as my farming dream when we were $20k into a roof repair and home renovation and I couldn't touch the outside of the property.

Now I don't have time to play it, but I get to do it outside for real!

Also @Japuvian I love your gudetama icon. It's nice to see a fellow nerd here!

Back
Top Bottom