What did you do in the garden today?

It's chilly out today. Yesterday we got the garage cleaned, so I was able to work in there today. I built a new raised bed with some new and some repurposed materials. DS eagerly helped with the build. I still need to build two more, but I wil need to go to the hardware store for more steel, lumber and screws.
View attachment 2070360
Whats your demensions on that BReeder?

Whats your demensions on that BReeder?
4'x8'. We have 3 others this size. One is just like this. The other two are not as structurally sturdy as this but I will be changing that this year as I need to move them so I'll take them apart and rebuild with the added boards. They were just 6 posts (each corner and center of the long sides). The one just like this design is full and holds up very well. I add stakes in the center of the long side's that stick up only 3 inches or so from the ground to provide added support for center of the base to prevent bowing. I also attach a piece of galvanized conduit across the top center points to prevent bowing as well. I could use wood, but the metal takes up less valuable gardening space and goes with the scheme of colors and materials.

Good morning gardeners. The weather folks got it a little wrong last night. The temps got down to 27F. I'm watching the frost thaw off my neighbors roof right now. I replanted the jalapeno and cucumber seeds yesterday. Also finally got the poblanos going as well as some zinnias. Everything got a shot of fertilizer mixed in with the water. My little Meyer Lemon tree is doing well finally sprouting new leaves and growing some new branches. It got up to near 50F yesterday and mostly sunny so there was a lot of drying going on. The sump pump isn't coming on as often so I know the soil is drying out. I should be able to get some more dirt hauled to the new garden bed today. I plan on doing some soil tests today and hopefully get some lettuce, radishes and carrots going in the hoop bed. I will be holding off on the peas until next week as the overnight temps are forecasted to be in the high 30's to low 40's. The daffodils I planted in my front yard are starting to break through the soil. I've so missed the daffodils since I moved here. My peach tree is getting ready to bloom so I'm hoping for calm winds today so I can spray it finally. I really need to attempt the expansion on my chicken coop so I'll be calling on Home Depot today to see if they really are delivering still. Your baby chick is adorable @karenerwin. I hope you and your family are all well in the midst of this pandemic. Take care and have a great day everyone.

4'x8'. We have 3 others this size. One is just like this. The other two are not as structurally sturdy as this but I will be changing that this year as I need to move them so I'll take them apart and rebuild with the added boards. They were just 6 posts (each corner and center of the long sides). The one just like this design is full and holds up very well. I add stakes in the center of the long side's that stick up only 3 inches or so from the ground to provide added support for center of the base to prevent bowing. I also attach a piece of galvanized conduit across the top center points to prevent bowing as well. I could use wood, but the metal takes up less valuable gardening space and goes with the scheme of colors and materials.
Thanks BReeder!

20200327_205908.jpg

Heading for another 72 degree day! Apple trees were sprayed early this morning before the wind found its footing. Chickens are entertaining themselves with a mouse. Alpacas are asleep in the sun. I'll make this week's cheese around lunch and then go out and work on irrigation and make the mounds for the squash seeds, let the flock out etc.

OC snow tonight.
:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom