What did you do in the garden today?

If you have the space, try to move the winter squash plants. They shouldn’t be blooming yet. That might work.
I have blooms and squash on everything already and the bushes are huge, I got them started early :) It's all good, I have a notebook for all the things I've learned this year and since this is my biggest garden ever, the book is filling up.

Picked 4 yellow squash, pruned lower 1/3rd of leaves on Tomatoes and removed hidden suckers. Helped Cantaloupe to climb a tower. Observed to see how the volunteer beans grew. Looks like some of them are pole beans. Scouted out my next Cucumber to be picked tonight. Going to put it through a cheese grater, chop up hot peppers, add spices and vinegar. The heat from the hot peppers do not hit until its all gone. Everything else I did today was animal or composting related.

Oh my wife took a great snap yesterday of one of our blue Sumatra chicks. I think this girl is posing for us on the catwalk.
IMG_6708.JPG

Showed my garden off to my daughter today when she came by to drop off "some seeds". I'll post a picture in a bit about what she brought me. I also picked 2 slicing tomatoes ( had most of 1 on a hamburger. Also picked a couple more zucchini and some strawberries. I know there are some cucumbers that I need to pick as well. 1 of the little yellow squash shriveled up and quit. I do have 1 that has gotten beyond the shrivel up and die stage. It may be the one I self pollinated. I will have to catch up on this thread tomorrow or the next day. Too tired to read it all tonight! :lau

Back
Top Bottom