What did you do in the garden today?

Good afternoon gardeners. Today I planted a few patio cherry tomato seeds in the hydroponic garden and started some broccoli, cilantro, cucumbers, marjoram to plant around the lemon tree and red romaine lettuce. Next will be spinach, more lettuce and I’m looking through my seeds for carrots. Our temps are in the low to mid 80s during the day and mid 60s at night but hopefully trending down. According to the news our winter will be warmer and dryer than unusual unfortunately, but at least I won’t have to worry about a lot of frost. The artichokes came back and are growing well, it’s time to get them on a regular fertilization schedule. The Texas sage is buzzing with bees today and the oldest grandchild is digging me a hole so we can transplant a rosemary bush tomorrow morning.

Hey all. I need to catch up...

We were supposed to go camping/wheeling for the last time this year but the toterhome died on the way. So I wasn't supposed to be home but I got quite a bit done. I pulled the rest of the beans & took the trellises down. I picked up 3 bales of straw at $11.75 a bale. :eek::thGet this, 3 bales of straw, 1 bag shavings & 2 bags of all flock cost me almost $90. That is insane!

I put a clump of dirt/grass in with the littles hoping to build up a tolerance to my coccidiosis before they go outside. Any ideas how long I should do that before I put let them out? I was thinking a week or 2 maybe?
WHAT?!?!? how much was your all flock?!?!?
HIgh end for the shavings is $5 so that with the straw brings you up to 41. That leaves 50 unaccounted for.

I picked half the carrots and even used some in tonight's soup. So tasty. I'm disappointed in beet harvest but we love them pickled and girls LOVE the tops. So they serve 2 purposes. I wasn't going to grow more carrots next year but after tasting them ... hmm maybe will. Even tho my little picky hens won't eat any part of them. ! Once I pick them I'll be done and put it to bed.

Back
Top Bottom