What did you do in the garden today?

So AFTER I planted 20 tomatoes today, the 10 day forecast changed yet AGAIN. A few hour stretches at 40 degrees shouldnt hurt them, right? I know it isn’t the greatest for growth, I just want to make sure I don’t have to cover them. It’s been 55-80 all week. Lowest high in the 10 days is 58 🙄 but otherwise high 60s-80s for highs.

So AFTER I planted 20 tomatoes today, the 10 day forecast changed yet AGAIN. A few hour stretches at 40 degrees shouldnt hurt them, right? I know it isn’t the greatest for growth, I just want to make sure I don’t have to cover them. It’s been 55-80 all week. Lowest high in the 10 days is 58 🙄 but otherwise high 60s-80s for highs.
40 and below is the concern, and that's only because of stunt and fungus. You should be fine.

Well cardoversion went ok but did not stay in rhythm . Day off no machinery ,driving or legal decisions . yard needs mowed again , garden needs tilled . Maybe tomorrow . Results from heart monitor shows in AFIB constantly heart rate from 50 to 144 plus at some point I had a small heart attack .
Scary news! Will you need a pacemaker?

Hello all, I got caught up! I was going through my email and I’ve been getting lots of them from Bountiful Baskets. It has been quite a while since I was involved in that, but I’m thinking of ordering again. The produce is whatever is in season and always an interesting mix, so I need to check out their website tomorrow. I’m in a holding pattern now, watering and waiting. Have a great Tuesday!

Have yall ever heard of this or tried it?
I don't have anything over the soil of my garden and wondering if I should?
I'm not gonna do straw again cuz I'm still picking out the pieces that seeded and grew lol...chicks luv it but me not so much. But it did hold the kale and spinach seeds in place through heavy rains and they r growin!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220517-063925_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220517-063925_Instagram.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 3
Have yall ever heard of this or tried it?
I don't have anything over the soil of my garden and wondering if I should?
I'm not gonna do straw again cuz I'm still picking out the pieces that seeded and grew lol...chicks luv it but me not so much. But it did hold the kale and spinach seeds in place through heavy rains and they r growin!
I love this!

Afraid to try…I stopped mulching due to slugs…I can control the weeds much easier than the slugs. I’ve tried wood chips, dried leaves, and straw. I see very few slugs with a chopped lawn and no mulch.

Back
Top Bottom