What did you do in the garden today?

Sweet corn, bunching onions, cucumbers and peas are doing pretty good.
53CA730E-C2F6-4FBB-A501-AB9B6AABF604.jpeg

It’s best used as an ingredient in a cooked dish. One of my favorites is shrimp and greens with pasta. I don’t have a recipe. I just sautee the greens with onions or shallots, add shrimp until done then toss with freshly cooked pasta. Season to your tastes.

in winter you can put bacon instead of shrimps. I know kale and other brassicas are healthy but I don't like their taste. onion, garlic and bacon are great helpers in my case.

I had a epiphany this morning right before I woke up. It was about stewing a Breese heritage chicken and reducing the liquid into a tomato based sweet and sour sauce liken to a twist on ketchup, cooked together with chopped onion, carrots celery, bell peppers and potatoes.

I did a search on YouTube and watched the variations of making Ketchup with fresh tomatoes and came away with a general idea. I will use cherry tomatoes for this adventure, since I have a lot growing in my yard.

looooong time ago my mother made ketchup with raisins. it was the best ketchup I ever tasted. just cannot find the recipe.

Hey let me know if ya got any rain and bout how much! Weather usually works it's way from you to me over here lol!

NICE! We're they sticking up above the ground and that's how u knew they were ready?! My first time growin em and not sure when to harvest!
Yes, mine were coming up out of the ground and the tops were falling over. I'll try to get a picture tomorrow

I haven't worked this diligently on a garden since 2007 or there bouts at our last home.
It is so frustrating that we have had a chance for good rains over the past 3 weeks and yet once they show getting to us on radar they just totally disappeared and we dont get a drop. With everything else going on in the world this is just another added "kicker" ya know?!
Guess I should be going to God more and trusting Him no matter what. And thankful in spite of the lack of rain I have gotten 5 squash and 1 cucumber!
Ok pity party over.
Yall have an awesome day out there!!!
I sure enjoy seeing all yalls gorgeous harvest and how ya use em!

I haven't worked this diligently on a garden since 2007 or there bouts at our last home.
It is so frustrating that we have had a chance for good rains over the past 3 weeks and yet once they show getting to us on radar they just totally disappeared and we dont get a drop. With everything else going on in the world this is just another added "kicker" ya know?!
Guess I should be going to God more and trusting Him no matter what. And thankful in spite of the lack of rain I have gotten 5 squash and 1 cucumber!
Ok pity party over.
Yall have an awesome day out there!!!
I sure enjoy seeing all yalls gorgeous harvest and how ya use em!
Your rain situation sounds just like mine. Its not fun! I watched a storm head right for us then as it made it to my house it broke up completely and there were just sprinkles! It did make for a gorgeous sunset though.

Exactly! In my case it's lemon blueberry bread...hot temps mean my blueberries are booming! Started picking almost a month early this year!
where we planted ours just happened to be an area where the utilities are underground (I know we weren't thinking 3 years ago)...and they've dug up 3 times in past year so they got berries on em and are literally turning brown the whole bushes 😔

Back
Top Bottom