What did you do in the garden today?

That's been helping me soothe that gardening itch, too! In fact, it got me to Google LED grow lights, and I found Lowe's had some 36" long ones on sale (57% off!!!). So, after talking with my husband about it, I bought 4! And discovered that a shelving unit in the basement is the perfect size! So, I cleaned it off and he helped me bring it upstairs to the spare room.

I am SO excited for what this means for seed starting!!! I can start more seeds, and do WAY less work!
The only grow lights I've ever had are Aerogardens. I would take the grow bowls off, wrap the light fixtures in aluminum foil to harness as much light as possible, and have to constantly be rotating the plants so they would each get enough light. I happy danced when my husband immediately agreed that 4 was a good idea!!
View attachment 3391196
View attachment 3391199

Here is what my old setup was:
View attachment 3391201
Yay! More pics when you’re done?

Made it through first half of the ice storm and so far nets are holding... Second wave of ice is just starting and will continue through tonight into tomorrow morning.

View attachment 3391731
I like your set up -- I don't have that much space but I have aspirations for more land in the future!! And see your ducks are outside despite the ice! I've come tot he conclusion that ducks all have mothers and grandmothers that think they should be outside in the fresh air no matter the weather. We had a neighbor who thought that when our son was a wee babe. Her children were put outside in the buggy for an hour every day. Mother ducks are the same and they pass it on from generation to generation!

If you can hang them in at that the lights can be adjusted in height is a huge help. I keep my cheap LED grow lights just above the top of the plants. If they are several inches above the plants the might get leggy trying to each for the light.
They came with hooks, chains, and S-hooks, so I got it all set up today.
Yay! More pics when you’re done?
ABSOLUTELY!
In fact.......
78A541C1-2DF3-4DC2-A068-D1145681BC91.jpeg

The bottom has 2 lights because I plan on that being the germination shelf, so I can have the lights closer to the trays without worrying about moving trays around. My old set up was maybe 1'x2' o lighting. This setup is 3 shelves that are 36"x16"!!! SO MUCH MORE CAN BE DONE!!!!!

They came with hooks, chains, and S-hooks, so I got it all set up today.

ABSOLUTELY!
In fact.......
View attachment 3392067
The bottom has 2 lights because I plan on that being the germination shelf, so I can have the lights closer to the trays without worrying about moving trays around. My old set up was maybe 1'x2' o lighting. This setup is 3 shelves that are 36"x16"!!! SO MUCH MORE CAN BE DONE!!!!!
Looks great, you’re going to like it much more I’m sure. Congratulations!

Back
Top Bottom