What did you do in the garden today?

Do any of y'all cut your onion tops back? I'm talking large sweet spanish bulbing type. I always have when they're little (couple inches) but have never done it when they're big. Seems like a lot of people are either YES, for sure or NO, don't be dumb. LOL. Opinions?
The rabbits do that for me.

I also took a big break, watched the needed rain fall.
And evidentially fell asleep this was yesterday's post! :barnie:th

Today put fake flowers in 2 pots out front that get intense heat. I put seeds starts in oven with door open ( it's a gas oven w/ pilot on) see if they'll hurry or help germination. We have rain gutter water barrels that need hose on them. I've soaked some zuch. & yellow crookneck seeds to see if they'll germinate better might just have too old of seeds. I need to plant them too. I need to start 2 more wicking mineral tubs with soil, etc. I hope warm weather and rain helps my taters, I only have 3 plants out of a whole bag of seed taters! I won't grow those again. I sent off for sweet tater slips but they didn't make it to plants. I might try another website and order more. Last year my daughter grew them as flowers and accidently ended up with nice size taters!!

My house would look like this if I didn't severely prune those invasives!
View attachment 3830615
:eek:
I think I saw Shrek peeking out of there! 😆

Is this the brome weed? Yup, I've got tons of this, too.
20240513_162713.jpg
20240513_163032.jpg
20240513_163049.jpg
Full can has shrunk down some but wow, it was to the brim Sat night! And there are still many to pull yet.
20240513_164011.jpg

Back
Top Bottom