What did you do with your flock today?

I replaced most of the sand in my main coop with clean sand a few days ago. I was supposed to trim nails again yesterday, but I couldn’t get anyone to help me. I’ll probably do that tomorrow, and hopefully that’ll be the last time I have to trim them.

Iris took a nice long nap on my lap this morning. I had him for about 20 minutes before I had to put him down to clean the coops. He was so sleepy, his eyes were closed and his head was drooped over my arm. 😍 He’s been really snuggly today.

Yesterday I stapled the last of the reed clothe up on the bach pad to slow any hard wind or rain but still let in breeze. Looks pretty good if I do say so myself. I have not acted on making any better hops for the boys yet though I seriously dont like what I did the other day- i do have a plan in my head that should not take too much time to complete.
Today I had chicken house keeping, scrubbing and scraping, feed and water. Picked up the grass I dried and bagged most and freshened a few nests with the rest. Good stuff. Then turned stumps for bugs and caught a lizard for the shy Buff Brahma. I also busted out my screw gun and moved a roost in the mini coop that was set for littles and the big who is using it had a hard time with the hop.
AND been on kitten duty plus laundry and regular chores. Don't feel too sorry for me folks, they are still doing a lot of sleeping.View attachment 2601361View attachment 2601365View attachment 2601366View attachment 2601364
I knew they were small, but wow! That last pic really puts them into perspective. :love

Has that ever back fired on cockerel ? As a kid I was told do not make make friends with the roosters
I’m not sure. Out of all of my boys (I’ve had five), Iris is the only one that isn’t/wasn’t human aggressive. Everyone was hand raised except for him, he was raised by one of my hens. I don’t know if that played a role, or if I just got lucky.
Either way, Iris turned out to be a total love bug. 80% of the time he crows is because he wants to be held, and when I sit down he comes running. He’s turning three on the fifteenth, so I doubt that’ll change. :love

A9476E24-69A2-42DD-8D0F-B455A782EBA7.jpeg
Nothing “with” the flock, though I do assume they have been placed into one of Meyer Hatchery’s incubators in the last day or two... But, my husband and stepfather worked on putting Tin roofing on the new chicken run! For reference, the lady in the photo is 5’4...dude in shorts (hubby) is 6’6, they didn’t listen to me, so the “short” end is 8-9’ tall! Gotta figure out how I’m going to fence this all in (with 4’ fencing).

I’m not sure. Out of all of my boys (I’ve had five), Iris is the only one that isn’t/wasn’t human aggressive. Everyone was hand raised except for him, he was raised by one of my hens. I don’t know if that played a role, or if I just got lucky.
Either way, Iris turned out to be a total love bug. 80% of the time he crows is because he wants to be held, and when I sit down he comes running. He’s turning three on the fifteenth, so I doubt that’ll change. :love
Bianca was a sweet bird. Maybe the key is giving your boys girls names. 😉

Back
Top Bottom