What did you do with your flock today?

0517201457b.jpg

This girl is making a mountain of fuzz. She is sitting on 14 eggs.
0517201456d.jpg

0517201836a_HDR.jpg

This little loud mouth duck hatched most of her eggs today, one is left internally pipping. She is a pekin Rouen cross, first time letting her hatch anything. I was moving all my mallard derived ducks to another coop and she escaped me by hiding behind this door sitting on her eggs. I realized a few days later and luckily realized she was sitting too so left her with my muscovies.

I am the person who said she didn't really want chickens sitting on her.View attachment 2146166
This is Cleo, sitting on me. She eventually settled in to take a nap. She's about five weeks old and a Speckled Sussex.
And that's not the worst of it, either. The 4 week old BO, Amelia, is now nicknamed "Cuddle-chicken" because she cuddles with the woman who didn't want chickens sitting on her.

I've been breaking up hen fights today. I've got seven broody hens whose eggs I've recently confiscated wandering around swearing and looking for any piles of eggs that look like they might need warming up.
I had such a pile in my house nest box. I forgot to take the eggs out this morning. When I got back to the house, Tap, Fudge and Hurry were crammed into the nest box trying to drag the three eggs that were in the nest box under them. This involved a lot of noise and pecking. It was so bad the Cillin, their rooster who would normally intervene went and sat under a bush outside. I threw the lot out.

Back
Top Bottom