What did you do with your flock today?

Perhaps it would be different if only a couple birds were killed, but from my understanding, she lost over a dozen birds. : (
While my dogs have never hurt my birds, I know I would be absolutely sick if they did. Given the situation, I think she made the best decision for herself, the future safety of her flock, and the dog.

I agree with what @tropical said, while rehoming the dog sucks, on top of an already terrible situation, she deserves to go to a loving home without birds, and FBM deserves to continue raising birds without fear of another attack.
My post got removed 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️ thanks for keeping the spirit alive hehehe!

Oh wow @FBMcrazy8 & @kurby22 just absolutely sh*t news. I am so sorry for you both- I feel your pain. I guess there are always lessons learned ♡

@kurby will/did you get Lily sent out to be tested? Just absolutely crazy you suffering another loss on an outward appearing healthy girl. I'm so sorry.

@FBMcrazy8 you just took the biggest hit on multiple levels. That dog is lucky you cared enough about it to give it away. I'm sure you were/are besides yourself with grief. I am sooooo sorry :hugs
I can’t even explain how sad I am. I lost 12 ducks and 6 baby French Black Maran chicks. And then, my dog. I don’t even know how to process this grief. I’m glad that she wasn’t able to get the other 18 chickens outside. I have such a bad headache from this all, I can’t see straight. My heart is broken on so many levels.

My husband isn’t as effected about the Husky as I am. She didn’t care for him. But he knows how hurt I am going in both directions.

If I can send them in on Monday I will try to, I know after a certain number of days they don’t take them 😢 Never happens on a day when it’s easy to do it. It’s been crummy 😢😢 and gonna be over 100 every day this week 😩😩
I can't remember if you are supposed to refrigerate or freeze... so a person can still get their bird tested after the fact. May have to look that one up.

Boy what a day.... I just can not imagine the heartache. I'm just so sorry. My heart just hurts for you two. I hope you pain eases with the new day. :hugs :hugs :hugs

I can't remember if you are supposed to refrigerate or freeze... so a person can still get their bird tested after the fact. May have to look that one up.

Boy what a day.... I just can not imagine the heartache. I'm just so sorry. My heart just hurts for you two. I hope you pain eases with the new day. :hugs :hugs :hugs
Thank you!

I hope @kurby22 can find answers! :hugs

Such a nice picture! Your birds look so happy, curious and relaxed. ❤️

I worked on my little coops...think they'll be breeding pens, re-home pens or whatevers needed at the moment. 🤷‍♀️
Two 4x6 and one 2x6. Good thing most my birds are small...hope they'll be as useful as I think they will.
View attachment 3222422
We had a storm rolling over us with no actual rain...just the threat. So I put away my tools and visited my dwarfs before I went in. Caught one of the pullets in the nest box so I know we have some new layers.View attachment 3222431
Said hello to the rest of the birds. Think Flower wants treats.View attachment 3222432
Gave the tortoise some weeds and laughed at him and Goosebumps tandem eating.View attachment 3222434View attachment 3222435
Said hi to Jazzy.View attachment 3222436
And now it's time to head in and get some house stuff done.

Hope everyone's evenings are good. ❤️
Thank you! I absolutely adore these little weirdos. <3

I love your wide variety of animals! Especially that horse. Lovely colors!
My post got removed 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️ thanks for keeping the spirit alive hehehe!
Really? That’s so weird, I didn’t think your post was bad. :/

Went out to the chicken coop to clean out some of the poop in there. Just the poop in the nest boxes…cause some of them thinks it’s cool to sleep in them. 😂 But soon enough they will use them for what they are actually for. They are only 11 weeks so it might not be until the spring.

Then I don’t know what made me go to where I put the ducks to play outside, but I did. I put flowers around the top of it, they are actually flowers that will go in this future flower bed. But I noticed a flower starting to bloom a couple days ago and I was excited! I couldn’t wait to take pictures of the ducks around all the flowers. And I just broke down and cried again 😭😭

Attachments

• 873391C2-A662-435C-B5D9-A388912CF3E6.jpeg
    873391C2-A662-435C-B5D9-A388912CF3E6.jpeg
    397.9 KB · Views: 2
Went out to the chicken coop to clean out some of the poop in there. Just the poop in the nest boxes…cause some of them thinks it’s cool to sleep in them. 😂 But soon enough they will use them for what they are actually for. They are only 11 weeks so it might not be until the spring.

Then I don’t know what made me go to where I put the ducks to play outside, but I did. I put flowers around the top of it, they are actually flowers that will go in this future flower bed. But I noticed a flower starting to bloom a couple days ago and I was excited! I couldn’t wait to take pictures of the ducks around all the flowers. And I just broke down and cried again 😭😭
Gorgeous flowers! I’m so sorry I have done this several times when I go out with my chickens this past month. All the favorites that came to sit with me are gone and it just makes me so very sad and I start crying again. I miss Puff too and I rehomed him :-( They just get your heart and when they are lost tragically it’s just so much harder, hugs.

Happy Sunday all.
Got a text from my hubby that he got launched from Cisco AGAIN last eve. So I headed down earlier than planned and took DH to ER to get some x-rays. Nothing broke this time thank goodness.
Doing chores and good clean of the coop. Nice being with my other flock. I miss them and my @ home set up.
Let the boys out to stretch and eat green and as I watched it dawned on me that this cockerel is Bolts boy.
20220814_115416.jpg
20220814_115428.jpg
Same everything, just a blonde version.
So, is this the silver lining after losing a loved bird? This one can not replace Bolt but I sure recognize his spirit and my world is a better place because of it. Now.... how to keep him...? Gulp.
No word from the gal coming to pick up a roo. She would be a good mom but that would mean I'd have to part with a price of Bolt....
20220814_115543.jpg
Egg collection is waaay fun down here.
After my walk yesterday, I worked all day sewing handles and attaching to bags. I think I got 10 done and I am very happy with them.
20220813_150448.jpg
20220813_124758.jpg

I have another pile of feed bags waiting for me up the mountain lol.

Happy Sunday all.
Got a text from my hubby that he got launched from Cisco AGAIN last eve. So I headed down earlier than planned and took DH to ER to get some x-rays. Nothing broke this time thank goodness.
Doing chores and good clean of the coop. Nice being with my other flock. I miss them and my @ home set up.
Let the boys out to stretch and eat green and as I watched it dawned on me that this cockerel is Bolts boy.View attachment 3223285View attachment 3223286Same everything, just a blonde version.
So, is this the silver lining after losing a loved bird? This one can not replace Bolt but I sure recognize his spirit and my world is a better place because of it. Now.... how to keep him...? Gulp.
No word from the gal coming to pick up a roo. She would be a good mom but that would mean I'd have to part with a price of Bolt.... View attachment 3223300Egg collection is waaay fun down here.
After my walk yesterday, I worked all day sewing handles and attaching to bags. I think I got 10 done and I am very happy with them.View attachment 3223311View attachment 3223312
I have another pile of feed bags waiting for me up the mountain lol.
Hope hubby's ok and very glad nothing's broken.
Bolts boy is really pretty! 😍 I know what you mean...I keep hoping Granny Weatherwax lays again before we lose her. I tried hatching every egg her and Nanny Og laid the last few years hoping to keep a piece of them around but it just hasn't worked out. I waited too long and laying just isn't something she does any more.
Hope you get to keep him.
I like your bags. I reuse them too but just for garbage or donations. Never thought to sew them!

We put the daylily by the duck house. It may seem silly to some but to me it’s gonna help me. This daylily is like a memorial for the 12 ducks we lost. I’m going to add more to it and make that corner a little garden for them. I know that their will be more casualties due to disease or illness or predators or just about anything. But this was different. I’m sure there will be eye rolls or more harsh things to be said but I will grieve how I need to.

Thank you to everyone who has supported me and understanding and caring. You guys are awesome!

Attachments

• BC7993C9-462E-40CF-ACD5-D3B5FB5AE933.jpeg
    BC7993C9-462E-40CF-ACD5-D3B5FB5AE933.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom