What did you pay for your chicks?

I bought newborns (3 days old) from local feed store. ranged from $3-$4, sexed pullet chicks. gold sex link, buff orphington and ameracuana were $4

I paid $3 each for the 6 I purchased. One, I rescued from TSC store because it was being bullied by it's peers. It's my biggest and oldest chick now, and I got her for free.

A friend reccomend another farm. I bought a blue orpington and a splash orpington for $10 each, an easter egger for $2 and olive egger for $5. It seemed like they really cared about breeding quality birds and taking care of their flock. It all seemed like a good price to me.

We are in Utah, feed store just under $4 a chickand our local IFA gets a pretty good selection for a few weeks (I just picked up my Brahmas there for that price) but there is now a local hatchery with a good selection, her chicks are $5 to $15 depending on the breed. Buff Orpingtons are $5, Maran is $7 but an olive egger is $15.

I have gotten almost of my chicks form a local feed store for $1.50 each. They have all been very good pets and layers.

I paid $10 a piece for my 4 Black Copper Marans came 2 hours away, $2.50/chick for my Rhoade Island Reds and Plymouth Barred rocks from a local hardware in Ohio.

Back
Top Bottom