What do certain predator injuries look like

Anime2lover

Keeper of tiny dinos
Apr 17, 2019
One of my polish hopped the fence and explored the woods behind our yard, which they don't usually do. She didn't return to the barn. We didn't know she wasn't in until we heard a racket outside. She is alive with three skinning injuries, a few scrapes, and a single tiny puncture wound. We have many predators around her. Things like stray dogs and cats, coyotes, cougars, foxes, fisher cats, owls, eagles, skunks and such. Could someone provide pics of puncture wounds from the animals that they know what the cause was? So we can try and pinpoint the culprit that attacked my chook?

It really doesnt matter what predator got your hen, a puncture wound is a puncture wound and hopefully you got it properly treated as well as the skinning injuries.
I also recommend enclosing your pen; covered with chicken wire or at the very least some type of netting to prevent incidents like this from happening again.
It will happen again, chickens love to wonder in places they dont belong. That's what they do.

It really doesnt matter what predator got your hen, a puncture wound is a puncture wound and hopefully you got it properly treated as well as the skinning injuries.
I also recommend enclosing your pen; covered with chicken wire or at the very least some type of netting to prevent incidents like this from happening again.
It will happen again, chickens love to wonder in places they dont belong. That's what they do.
They do have an enclosed run they spend half the day in. And yes, she was treated. She's still in shock this morning though.

Back
Top Bottom