What do I do? Help!

Lol. I don't hatch. Watching those of you who do, I probably never will, it looks nerve-wracking! I would be a nervous wreck! Good luck, keep us posted!

Okay so there is way more air sack now than previously, is that normal? Does that mean it’s absorbing the yolk? Less visible veins too but obvious movement of duck. I’m going to stop candling at this point, I think he’s close .. 🤷🏼‍♀️

absorbing

Close to hatching the air cell will drawn down like this. Is that how your aircell looks?

1585438848247.png

Yes! It’s like at an angle

Ok, That a called dipping down in another 12-24 hours you may start to see shadows along the Aircell, this is the duckling position itself to internally pip through the membrane separating it from the Aircell, After it internally pips it may be another 12-24 hours before it externally pips and another 24-48 hours before it zips out. I suggest you stop opening the Bator and candling as it can sometimes disorient the ducklings as well as decrease humidity levels. If he were mine I'd candle again in another 24-48 hours to see if he has Internally pipped, that way you know when and if you have to make a safety hole if needed.

It's getting close! Best of luck! :fl

Ok, That a called dipping down in another 12-24 hours you may start to see shadows along the Aircell, this is the duckling position itself to internally pip through the membrane separating it from the Aircell, After it internally pips it may be another 12-24 hours before it externally pips and another 24-48 hours before it zips out. I suggest you stop opening the Bator and candling as it can sometimes disorient the ducklings as well as decrease humidity levels. If he were mine I'd candle again in another 24-48 hours to see if he has Internally pipped, that way you know when and if you have to make a safety hole if needed.

It's getting close! Best of luck! :fl
Thank you! Yes I have only opened the bator once every other day to candle except the last two days I candled once each day. I’m going to keep it shut now. I can’t wait for the little ducky to be here 😩

Back
Top Bottom