What do I do, if anything, about these feet?!

backdooreggs

In the Brooder
Mar 29, 2015

Baby is getting around okay now but I'm worried about future mobility issues. Any advice?!

What breed is baby? She is a 5 toed breed, but I can't tell what kind. What do her feet look like when she is standing on them? Can you post that photo?

Same questions here. My two little white silkies feet look like that and they get around fine. One toe just kinda flaps off oddly but they don't seem to mind.

Here (she?) is standing... Kind of wide legged, but we had one with a straddle leg who didn't survive and she doesn't look like that one did.
This little cutie was a surprise gift from our neighbor kid who showered us unexpectedly with fertile eggs. We had no experience with chickens what so ever so we're learning as we go. He says he does not know the breeds . She has a little chipmunk stripe and feathered feet though .i
I don't want her to die like the other one. This whole thing has been a little traumatic and I can't bear another loss.

Last edited:
You are going to want to tape her feet so that they lay as they should. I will see if I can find a link with photos.

Back
Top Bottom