What do i do to have tame ducks

Need_Not

Chirping
Sep 7, 2019
I looked out the window today and my duck had ducklings! Every year I usually let them be and catch and hold a few then let them go when I'm done
But ever since I got ducks in 2015 I wanted tame ducks but I never had since the ducklings become just like their parents like normal.

I looked at the nest and found a duckling sitting there I was confused why it was left behind since it was dry so it didn't just hatch and he looked fine so I picked it up and put it in a box with a towel and food. I went and got a light brown duckling which end up looking very nice when grown up and I know someone who wants one.

I feel bad keeping them from their mother but how can I tame them if they're are with their family of ducks? How do you guys do it?

edit: also how do I know if they are too cold since my house has the ac on

hold and cuddle with them daily and just spend a lot of time with them, that’s what i do and my ducks act like little puppies lol

ducklings need heat, please put them back with their mom if possible
so do i have to hold all 9 daily. because i was only going to focus on these 2 since someone ik wants it and then the other one because i found him. but i wont know who is who if i put em back. also how long each day do you do it? and then they go back with their mom?

so do i have to hold all 9 daily.
If you want all of them to be tame, yes.
because i was only going to focus on these 2 since someone ik wants it and then the other one because i found him.
If that's what you want, that's ok. Though, the two you do try to tame may become untamed if you don't tame the others, because they will all do the same thing.
but i wont know who is who if i put em back.
Put them in a seperate box?
also how long each day do you do it? and then they go back with their mom?
I do 30 minutes of having them socialized every two days. And then put them in the brooder.

in
so do i have to hold all 9 daily. because i was only going to focus on these 2 since someone ik wants it and then the other one because i found him. but i wont know who is who if i put em back. also how long each day do you do it? and then they go back with their mom?
just the 2 is ok, i have one non imprinted duck in my flock and he is more confident because the other 4 are 100% imprinted. if anything having 2 tame ducks will help the rest of them be more tame

If you want all of them to be tame, yes.

If that's what you want, that's ok. Though, the two you do try to tame may become untamed if you don't tame the others, because they will all do the same thing.

Put them in a seperate box?

I do 30 minutes of having them socialized every two days. And then put them in the brooder.
yeah but i feel like they should be with their mom right?

Back
Top Bottom