What do I do with my hatching eggs... they are on their way!

Happy Chicken Mama

Songster
12 Years
Apr 23, 2007
Florida
My DH & I just ordered our first hatching eggs from fluff n stuff. We have a broody cochin that deserves some babies!

We are sooooooooooooooooooo EXCITED!!! I havent slept well for days looking at silkies. I have silkies on the brain. They seem so wonderful!

Do you have to wait when you get the eggs to let them settle or regulate the tempature??? I know you have to if they are going in the incubator?

What do I Do? Can I just march them right out to the coop and stuff them under my broody hen???

She hs been sitting for over a week (on her fake eggs). Will she be ok for another 21 days?

I have so many questions.... please advise ya'll!

I am embarking on new chickens... my husband thinks I am obsessed! My chickens make me so happy! I am so glad that there are other crazzy chicken ladies (and fellars... of course) out there. I am not alone!

Happpppppppy Chicken Mama!

Quote:
When you get them, unpack them put them in egg cartans and let them sit for 12-24 hrs. to get to room temp. and to settle the yolk and air cells. Then when they're ready put them under your broody at night and remove the fake eggs. I also had a broody setting on fake eggs for a week and just put 12 eggs under her and she set on them right away and is still going strong. So hopefully we'll both have chicks in 21 days! Good luck and happy hatching
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
fl.gif
bun.gif
fl.gif

Thank you!

We live in a C.O.L.D. house (like 68 degrees) would it be better to let them sit (protected for sure) outside where the temperature is a little warmer? We like in FL so there is a big difference between the inside & the outside air (68 vs. 80-85).

Good luck with your hatching as well!

Well lets see...oh I know PANIC!!!! (like the rest of us) lol

This is not my first time hatching but I find I am starting to
get a bit cantankerus, ppl are starting to walk wide of me.
ep.gif
ep.gif

Just a bit on the touchy side and dem eggs are not even
going to get here for another 9\\10 days..

I think I am going to take up drinking
barnie.gif

John

Yes John sometime the drinkin' help with the panic... but we must keep a cool head and steady hand... for the babies! He.he.ha.

They steer clear of me just beacuse I am the crazzy lady with the chickens!

Back
Top Bottom