What do I have isa brown hens?

Wilsonchick

Hatching
May 2, 2024
I bought them from tractor supply and they told me they would be isa brown hens now I’m not so sure I didn’t think they would have so much white on them now they are 8 weeks old can you help.
IMG_0583.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0589.jpeg
    IMG_0589.jpeg
    978.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0593.jpeg
    IMG_0593.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0584.jpeg
    IMG_0584.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 9
I bought them from tractor supply and they told me they would be isa brown hens now I’m not so sure I didn’t think they would have so much white on them now they are 8 weeks old can you help.View attachment 3818552
They are ISA browns.

Laying hybrids will be called many different names like golden comets, red sexlinks etc. depending on the various hatcheries they came from.

And welcome to the BYC community! :frow

They are ISA browns.

Laying hybrids will be called many different names like golden comets, red sexlinks etc. depending on the various hatcheries they came from.

And welcome to the BYC community! :frow
Thank you so much !
I've had ISA brown pullets with more white than this. Yours are definitely female, and they might get more red as they age
thank you!! I’m so glad because they are all so friendly and love to be petted lol

Oh Gosh @Wilsonchick, I just posted this same question this morning....i didnt see yours!

@LaFleche, So they are all interchangeable names for the same bird?! Leave it to Tractor Supply to list them separately!!
Technically they can be different breed mixes to make them up depending on the hatchery and I think ISA Browns are a proprietary blend that they don’t release except part of the breeds (I think they used Rhode Island Reds and Whites among other breeds) but yes, basically the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom