What do y’all think?

I was told it didn’t matter because its basically a sexlink trait or something in brahmas, so idk.
Brahmas(Purebred Dark Brahmas), are silver partridge/Pencilled. Their coloration is sexually dimorphic, meaning they look different. You see this(Difference)in Wheaten, & Duckwing/wild type birds too.

But since this is a Light Brahma mix, which is Silver Columbian, on partridge base, there won't be any sexually dimorphic traits. Male, or female type feathering appears as they mature.

The lack of development or color in the comb and wattles for the age of the bird, and the fact that I've seen Easter-eggers who look similarly pretty masculine by their coloration at this age and still turn out to be female. Being a jumble of genetics makes it harder to be sure than with a bird of a definite variety. But, I'm leaning male as well, personally.

what is it that says this? since apparently the color doesn’t matter with him since he’s mixed. ( Although, I myself think he’s a male as well. )
He does have a male-specific pattern. Those brassy shoulder patches solidify it. His pattern isn’t exactly like a male Brahma but he still has a mixed male-specific one.

Back
Top Bottom