What do you all think about Euthanasia?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by oesdog, Jun 19, 2012.

1. I don't see why you would think I care one way or another if you answer. I don't know why you would try to incite something on this thread. But you have fun with that.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague

3. thaiturkey

thaiturkey Songster

Feb 22, 2010
    Thailand
    The legal definition may vary from country to country but the medical profession in most seems unwilling to take the risk.

4. chickened

chickened Crowing

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    Here is the stupid part about killing yourself... do you really need a law? hospice does it all the time. They increase the pain meds to overdose levels or a family member does it by pulling the plug. If you are coherent enough to decide you most likely will have the means or a loved one to do it for you. Ever hear of the Hemlock Society?

If you feel you are equal to your pet then by all means kill yourself... better yet do it now while you can. Maybe your diagnosis is wrong, maybe they have a cure that is not available in the US. "Yah, had to put Uncle Bob down today, buried him along side the cow that died last winter didn't think he would make it through this one"... sound compassionate?

Isn't PAS really for the pain of the living? selfishness is really what it is.

If you have not reconciled yourself with God before you die then suicide would seem to me to be a viable option.

5. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    As a health care worker who comes in contact with the dead or dying on a near daily basis, I can say with 100% certainty that I fully agree with human euthanasia. Until you are actually in the situation of these terminal or hospice patients, you will never really know what it is to want the end and have no means of providing it. As if being terminal is not enough, losing all hope of peace seems worse.

6. Are you quite certain that God will not let you in if you pull the plug on yourself or a loved one does it? We are merciful to our animals yet merciless on ourselves.

If you don't have insurance I bet they will let you go sooner.

I have a very close relationship with God. All of our walks are different. God is why I farm, hunt and fish. When I am out among God's creatures, I am in His perfection, mostly unspoiled by Man.

Everyone wants to go to heaven but it seems nobody wants to go today.

When my time comes, my bags are packed, I am ready to go.

Hanging on endlessly, kept alive by man's machines and medications. No thanks.

2 people like this.
  7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Loanwizard, well said.

8. bucky52

bucky52 Songster

Apr 26, 2011
    i think it should be your chose.i don't want to be a burden on my family.

9. chickened

chickened Crowing

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    Is not God really the one who pulls the plug? Job 1:21

10. jak2002003

jak2002003 Crowing

Oct 24, 2009
    Thailand
    I really think euthanasia should be legalised. Then it would be up to the individual what they want to do.

We would think it wrong if someone had a pet, such as a dog or cat, and they were letting it suffer for months or years knowing there was no cure or help for it. We can see the kind thing to do is let it go peacefully with no more suffering. Why is that different for people?

My own Grandmother was terminally ill from cancer and she was bedridden and in great discomfort for over 2 years before she died. She wanted us to help end her life - she was ready to go after having a wonderful life. But, of course, we could do nothing. It really felt so wrong.

I know if I was every suffering like that and knew the end would be months or years away it would be like torture to me. I would want a peaceful and quick death.

It seems the main reason people are against it is for religious reasons. But this should not be a problem because if the religious people don't think its right due to their beliefs, then they simply won't do it. We are not talking about making euthanasia compulsory.

Other people with different beliefs and religions should be able to have the right to choose for themselves what they want to do.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: