What do you all think of Anonymous?

I think many of them are finding they are not as Anonymous as they thought. How many have been arrested so far?

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/tec...mes-many-belived-to-be-anonymous-members.html

There is NO anonymity on the Internet. It's only a matter of who wants to find you. Make yourself a genuine problem and the folks who have the ability will expend the time and the resources to reach out and touch you.

There will be more arrests to follow I am quite sure.

Don't really know much about it, but perhaps that is one of the problems with these sorts of things. Guy places false bids at an illegal land auction to make a statement and goes to jail, fed up citizens gather and protest...that's something I personally can connect with. Bunch of who knows who behind computer screens (And wait, are they standing up for change or catching cat killers, or...?)...not so much. No offense BYC folk...though I at least know that revolution from here tends to be about chickens. These sorts of groups always make these grandiose statements to like, "we are the revolution", "our numbers are more than you think", and so forth that probably don't make the intended impression on me.
idunno.gif

I have WHAT in my yard? :

They have hacked the watchdog group that is supposed to protect the Feds. Even if the Feds know who some of them are they cannot be feeling sanguine about them.

"If you go poking around in the hornets nest, don't be surprised when you get stung." HBGary was trying to wipe out a bunch of the Anonymous leaders. They returned the favour. That's called self defence.

I also can't resist pointing that Anonymous' actions pale in comparison to what HBGary was, and still is, doing. HBGary was running illegal botnets of stolen computers, developing rootkits to use on people they didn't like, etc. etc. etc... The only difference is that HBGary was getting paid for their dirty work. By the Feds.​

Last edited:
Funny how its illegal to setup a DDOS and yet the feds seem like they can do it whenever they please. They should leave Anonymous alone, simple as that and ensure they do their job instead of worrying about this group.

Seriously folk you dont think a revolution is needed? Look what the government has done to this great country. I'm not saying Anonymous is right in what they are doing but something has to be done. Its better than millions of people being hurt or killed. Will it change things? I dont know. The people in this country havent been free for a long time. I know its much better than some countries, but why cant we be great.

Stepping down off my soapbox now.
big_smile.png

As a heterosexual man, I feel pretty free myself. If I was a woman being constantly assaulted by people wanting to strip my rights to control my body, or I wanted to be married to another man and couldn't be. Then I wouldn't feel free.

Right now I do as I please as long as it doesn't break the law. The only repressive law that affects me is the laws against possessing marijuana. Other than that I don't really know of any oppressive laws at the time that make me feel I'm not free.

Lack of freedom is bandied around on this forum quite often. If you feel we are lacking freedoms, which freedoms are you referring too? I have plenty of complaints about the way the country is run. Not the level of freedom though. The complaints about the way the country is run aren't worth anyone dying over. Of course there are many things I don't know. I mean that sincerely by the way.

So what does freedom mean?

I consider this a revolution of modern methods. The old way of revolting is futile the government has the ability to control you, kill you whatever I mean they can push a button and a bomb lands on you. These guys have a way of using the system against the ones that try to control us.

I really have not lost any real freedoms myself I think the freedoms people think they lose are the type of freedoms that would legitimize abnormal behavior and allow legality to questionable desires not true freedoms.

The American revolution was fought for the principle that all men are created with equal rights to life, liberty and to pursue their own happiness. The French revolution of 1793 was fought for the principle of "liberty, equality, fraternity". The American revolution, based on individual rights succeeded ans resulted in freedom. The French revolution, based upon the brotherhood of man, failed and resulted in the dictatorship of Napoleon.

The US constitution was written to promote the general welfare by limiting the federal government and defending individual rights. The Feds were to have specific limited and enumerated powers and all other powers were kept by the states and the people as stated in the 9th and 10th amendments otherwise Madison said in the Federalists papers that if anything could be done in the name of the general welfare there would be no need for enumerated powers of the feds.

I think this is what the guys in the video are fighting about and have a tool that is double edged to strike with. They are gathering an army and that is called a revolution when this happens.

Back
Top Bottom