What do YOU call tiny river lobsters?

Name that crustacean!

• Total voters
Pics

Painted Calls

Still the Mayor
Premium Feather Member
Aug 26, 2019
What do you call this? Please pick the term you use the most.
Screenshot_20220630-111309_Gallery.jpg

Vote in the poll and comment down below. What general location are you, and what do people around you call them?

Screenshot_20220630-113420_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
When I was young (about 10-12). We had a hard rainfall, just north of us in the next parish over. On the news that night, they said the crawfish were crossing highway 61 by the hundreds. So we grabbed buckets and jumped into Daddy's truck, went out to Airline Highway, parked and began to pick up crawfish and put them live into buckets. There were lots of people out there doing the same thing.
We brought them home and boiled them. Ate our fill and pealed the rest for other dishes and stuffing.
I still have a very fond memory of the whole thing. :love :love

This is kinda embarrassing, but it's an internet forum, so I'll go ahead and confess.

I am TOTALLY CREEPED OUT by these no matter what name you call them. I HATE them like some folks hate spiders or snakes.

My aversion to them is SO BAD that I had to scroll down to the bottom of this thread to reply so that I didn't see any pics (I'm assuming there are pics). I run away from them. Like a complete ninny.

Spiders? Spiders are great! Snakes? Love 'em! These things?

I call them NOPE.

200-1.gif

Back
Top Bottom