What do you do when you have too many eggs?

Cool beans! thanks! Hubby loves scrambled eggs, so this will be great!

Blessings,
Dianna

I plan on taking any extras to the mission in the larger town by where I live closer to Thanksgiving. I date the cartons so I will know how old the eggs are.....I am going to go look at the link about what to do with extras too.

My favorite pound cake receipe uses 8 eggs so whenever I have lot of extra eggs I beat 8 together and put them in a freezer bag, write the date on the bag & freeze. . I freeze 3-4 bags at a time then I always have eggs to make my cakes with even if the ole biddies goe on strike like they have now!!

macaroni salad, potato salad, angel food cake uses a lot, quiche uses a lot, though I have never tried it. Google it, there are tons of recipes that use a lot of eggs. If we eat a burger, it has a fried egg on it. You would be surprised what a sign that says "Farm eggs for sale", will do in your front yard.

I scramble some of mine and feed them to the chickens
lol.png
(only as a treat thought)

If you have other animals, like dogs or hogs or whatever needs protein to grow and flourish, then eggs are a great topping to their regular feed. I have used them for both. Puppies especially need the protein while they are growing, and I have poured them over our 4-H hogs food, for that extra FREE dose of protein.

Quote:
my local food bank will NOT accept eggs... their reasons are
we dont know how old that are
we dont know if they are safe
your "farm" is not government inspected and its a liability issue of anyone gets sick

I have called my local food bank, my local salvation army, the churches and get the same answer... BUT the food bank will give my name to people if they want eggs and the person directly call me because then its an agreement between myself and the people in need.... but to date i have never had anyone call... I cant imagine going to a food bank and then being told to go to this person.. asking for help is tough enough to be told to go ask someone else...it boggles my mind

if you have snobby food banks like I do... ask at the local school.. I have found that my daughters principal is more then happy to accept them. the principal generally knows some families in need within the school and hands them out that way...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom