What do you do when you have too many eggs?

Quiche/egg salad/deviled eggs for lunch or snacks/ boiled eggs for breakfast or snacks/breakfast casseroles/fritatta (sp?)/cook them up for the animals/freeze them for when laying gets slow/breakfast for dinner/pound cakes/custards

The other day I made egg bhurji / khagina. It's basically scrambled eggs, but prior to cooking I added Ragu with extra mushrooms, chilli powder and crushed red pepper. You can add any vegetable or spice. It was good, quick and easy. It is an Indian/Pakistan dish. Recipe calls for tomato sauce, but the Ragu made it quick and eliminated some steps.

I would say Food Bank too. I volunteer at one and eggs are one of the hot ticket items. However if yours won't take them that is a shame!

Too many eggs. Huevos rancheros, Spanish tortilla, quiche, souffle, hard boiled, deviled. You probably do a lot of those though! My husband was anti-egg for dinner until I started on the huevos rancheros and tortillas though.

Maybeyou can even make some desserts and freeze, like key lime pie?

I'd make homemade noodles to go with the tomato sauce I canned this month and give as Christmas gifts. That is IF my girls would just start laying
sad.png

Muffins and cupcakes that use a lot of eggs~makes them extra fluffy and then I freeze them and my kids always have a snack on hand. They thaw very quickly and i make a bunch of different flavors. Such as pumpkin, blueberry lemon, chocolate, orange cranberry, strawberry rhubarb, coconut chocolate chip, banana nut, green chile cornbread muffins, etc hubby and daughters constantly snack on these~ I feel like I can't keep up:D

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Cream Puffs! When I have extra eggs, my family gets sick and tired of egg dishes really fast: fried eggs, hard-boiled eggs, pickled eggs, scrambled eggs, fritattas (sp?), deviled eggs, and omelets. They want the eggs disguised. So, we make Cream Puffs. They're quick, easy, and they use a lot of eggs. Makes a great on-the-go snack too.

Back
Top Bottom