• Give away

Votes: 213 64.4%
  • Throw away

Votes: 15 4.5%
  • Other

Votes: 88 26.6%

• Total voters
Pics
I have a cooler set by the road that i put my eggs in. A small table with a coffee can for paying on it. $3.00 a dozen. No problem getting rid of them. And now, i no longer have to scrounge for egg cartons because neighbors drop off empty cartons all the time for me. This pays for my feed which is awesome. My chickens pay for themselves.

Where did you find a hen bank at? I'd like to get one.

I have no idea, it was my Mom's, maybe my Grandma's ?

Oh, I forgot to add to my list above. I also make half dozen ice packs with some for camping. That is just prescrambled in quart zip locks, some with onions, peppers, and/or diced ham. Freeze a few, forget about those fancy camping cartons, and leave the shells home.

Last edited:
Where did you find a hen bank at? I'd like to get one.

After I answered you the first time, I got to wondering if my bank may be valuable, I imagine it is, but wondered how valuable. So I looked to see if there was one like it on ebay. I didn't find any just like mine, but I was surprised at how many others I found. I went through the first five or six pages, there were a lot more, and saw some from under $10 to over $300 (mine may be like some of the higher end ones IDK? wasn't really thinking of selling it anyway. . . unless it were maybe Antique Road Show treasure!). I ended up buying another bank to sit by her that looks like a sack of chicken feed for $14 and shipping -- see what you made me do lol. I entered "chicken bank" in the search bar there.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom