Votes: 15 4.5%
  • Other

Votes: 88 26.6%

• Total voters
Pics
Thousand year eggs

View attachment 1752981

Ok... enough of the yuk

Don't knock it 'til you try it, they're delicious in small quantities. Just don't inhale as you eat them as they're stinky. Not something I'd ever consider trying to recreate at home though, as the eggs need to be packed in clay and who knows what else, for the process to happen.

We eat a lot of eggs, I give them to coworkers and friends, and my parents and sister actually buy them from me! I tell them they can have them for free, but they insist on giving me $5 a dozen. Pastured eggs at the store are upwards of $8 a dozen in my neck of the (not) woods, so I guess I will accept the donations with grace. There goes 3-5 dozen a week.
I pickle them, soy sauce brine them, steam them, and bake with them. Having too many eggs is a happy "problem" to have.
Oh, also feed them to the dogs, and to any birds that could use the extra protein.
Soy Sauce Brine them? Oooh! Please share the recipe!

Oh boy, lots of good recipes that use lots of eggs...Not to sound like Bubba from Forrest Gump... but,

Crepes
Pound cake
Merengue
Sponge cake
Potato and Egg Salad
Egg salad sandwiches
Croque monsiuer sandwich
Omelette stations
Hollandaise sauce
Eggs Benedict, also with Hollandaise
Lemon Curd
Coconut cream pie
Chocolate cream pie
Spinach and feta quiche
Chorizo frittata with salsa
Homemade egg noodles
Homemade lasagna noodles
Egg foo yung
French toast
Deviled eggs
Egg in the hole avocado
Scrambled egg and tater tot casserole
Hamburger topped with a Fried egg
Scotch eggs
Popovers
Stuffed croissants
Breakfast pizza

And I’m sure the folks at BYC have many more. Somewhere around here was an egg recipe thread, if I find I’ll add a link...seriously, try the Hollandaise sauce. It’s crazy good on fried chicken. Or anything, really.

Back
Top Bottom