What do you do with YOUR eggs?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by LuvinMyPeeps, Oct 22, 2008.

1. LuvinMyPeeps

LuvinMyPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2008
    Powhatan, VA 23139
    Just curious...I was reading a post today that said, "I love collecting the eggs". That made me wonder... what do you do with your eggs? Do you eat them? Give them away to friends and family? Craft with them?

I'm still waiting for my very first egg. While I'm waiting I was thinking about all the things I will do with them besides of course eating them. I'm a crafter & painter (decorative - the country stuff & distressed looking things), so I plan to make wreaths and art from some, cook yummy things (even tho' I stink at cooking), and collect them. I am going to blow out and frame my very first one LOL...seriously! [​IMG]

What do you do with YOUR eggs?

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Eat them, hatch them, sell and give them away.

3. palomino777902

palomino777902 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 7, 2008
    Elizabethtown, PA
    I plan on eating my eggs. Since all my hens are bantys, it will be a ratio of 3 to 1 or 2 to 1, something like that so I probably won't have extras.

4. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Since we only have 3 hens, we eat them and share them with friends and family! I wish I could have a rooster so we could hatch them too!! [​IMG]

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

We eat them. We keep hoping we will start getting 5-6 a day so we can give some to family, but so far it's been enough for us only.

6. ChickenToes

ChickenToes Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    NE Wisconsin
    We eat them and I bake a lot, so that uses up quite a few of ours right there. The rest we sell.

7. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    Eat what we can and sell the rest to buy feed for the darlings.

8. Country Gal

Country Gal Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2007
    Capac, MI
    We eat them and sell them, sometimes wrap them up and give a dozen as a birthday gift!

I got a beautiful Amish-made wooden bowl as a wedding gift last year, so when I bake, I usually blow the eggs out and put the shells in the bowl - it's just about full and looks great with all the different sizes and colors!

9. Hobbley_Farm

Hobbley_Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    Pilot Mountain, NC
    Well...Every day I take my tot outside and we look for "egg money" I told her that the eggs were just like money so we call them egg money. Then she gets to hold one (maybe two...but she tends to pop them together [​IMG] ) We go inside and put them in the egg carton. Nearly each morning she gets eggs for breakfast. My teenager likes them too...and she bakes cakes and brownies and such...so they get used that way. We need more of our chickens to start laying!!! We can't keep eggs in this house!

10. Barnyard Dawg

Barnyard Dawg Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2007
    Northern California
    We eat them, sell them, give them away, a couple of weeks ago we traded a dozen eggs for a young rooster, good deal?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by