What do you do with your leftover Thanksgiving turkey?

Easy option: Prepare some rice. Mix the trimmings with rice and serve with yogurt alongside. (Similarly, after you share the rice to plates, sprinkle heated trimmings on rice.)
Not-that-much-easy option: Google "circassian chicken". Compare some recipes and after finding your direction, prepare it. Obviously, skip the actual cooking of chicken parts of the recipes, for you have an already cooked bird at hand.
Bonus option: Chop the trimmings. Add some chopped herbs and/or some cheese up to taste, wrap it in puff pastry doug of the size you like and bake it.
"Chef's advice" option: Improvise something with gelatin similar to this recipe .

Bon Appétit!
smile.png

Quote:
Sounds VERY familiar and now I see why-we're from the same place!
smile.png

I sometimes make a turkey noodle casserole, as well.

Hey neighbor, we're between Batson and Sour Lake....

I saw a pizza on "Pitchin In", cooking channel that had stuffing, cranberry sauce and turkey on it. They said it was delish. I love a sandwich with leftover rolls, mayo, turkey, dressing (stuffing) and some homemade cranberry sauce on it. I also like dressing cold.

Second and third days we have turkey and whatever sides are left.

4th and 5th, sandwiches
6th I make turkey barley soup and we eat that until the time comes that we stare at the soup container in the fridge wishing it would disappear into thin air, usually another 2 or 3 days.

Then we have prime rib for Christmas

Or Like Bubba talks about in Forrest Gump

You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Turkey-kabobs, Turkey creole, Turkey gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple Turkey, lemon Turkey, coconut Turkey, pepper Turkey, Turkey soup, Turkey stew, Turkey salad, Turkey and potatoes, Turkey burger, Turkey sandwich. That- that's about it.

lol.png

My 16 pound turkey(3 person meal) was only $4.17. It's ridiculous. I would have done turkeys if i had the room for it. The joke is, you can get a $4 turkey that is 16 pounds or a turkey poult for $8. I just wish the real turkey farmer had a chance at it. A lot of us like eating food that we home raised, and I appreciate that a lot, but it just sucks when it costs $4 ready to go versuses $35 in feed, $8 more to dress. ehh whatever. some day I'll learn how to do it all and it wont be an issue.

Last edited:
Mole enchiladas! The heat from the peppers releases endorphins, and the cocoa gives an intense chocolate buzz, mellowed by the triptophan in the turkey that sends you into a very peaceful, enjoyable, loving food coma high that is legal in all 50 states (even Utah!). I now look forward to Mole turkey enchiladas more than the original turkey dinner. This is the reason I grow peppers all summer.

Back
Top Bottom