What do you gather eggs in?! Pics?

HA! That was funny. Yes, we may have bit off more than we can chew. Hubs is building a coop for them now. Costing more $$ and time than we anticipated, but we are hoping all the work is upfront and that once they are in their coop, it's smooth sailing from there. He just ordered 25 meat birds today, so as soon as our egg layers are out of their brooders, our meat birds should be in. Going in feet first, learning A LOT, and having fun. Appreciate this website because I have so many questions.

I use this basket, when its free.

I have tried all sorts of wire and wicker baskets, but this crochet bag is the best I have ever used. Eggs don't bang around, they are easy to loop over your arm, and the look adorable
big_smile.png
This isn't a pic of one I made, but one from the pattern site I used. I have made, sold, and given away several of them and everyone likes them as much as I do for egg collection.

20120906_141819_medium2.jpg

HA! That was funny. Yes, we may have bit off more than we can chew. Hubs is building a coop for them now. Costing more $$ and time than we anticipated, but we are hoping all the work is upfront and that once they are in their coop, it's smooth sailing from there. He just ordered 25 meat birds today, so as soon as our egg layers are out of their brooders, our meat birds should be in. Going in feet first, learning A LOT, and having fun. Appreciate this website because I have so many questions.

AND meat birds? You do know about the feeding problems with meat birds right?

I have tried all sorts of wire and wicker baskets, but this crochet bag is the best I have ever used. Eggs don't bang around, they are easy to loop over your arm, and the look adorable
big_smile.png
This isn't a pic of one I made, but one from the pattern site I used. I have made, sold, and given away several of them and everyone likes them as much as I do for egg collection.

20120906_141819_medium2.jpg

soo cute how big is it

Back
Top Bottom