what do you guys think......

Quote:
You're right- it isn't that big....it's gigantic!
lau.gif

I'm sorry greencastle- but that picture is too funny. The girls are nice, BTW.

im pretty sure its just my crappy photography im not that great!!! but he looks leggy ill give you that but i dont think his head is that huge in person but you guys arent the first ones to say that about his picture!!! lol i love them and i dont think im going to show open shows but definatly 4H with most of my new birds!

the sebrights look ok, i have some as well that are the same body shape as those, which isnt quite to the standard, they are suppsoed to have very short U shaped bodies, these (like mine, and most of the ones in my area) have very long backs. i still showed mine and placed with my roosters (the have very nice lacing) but my hens were beat out by ones with the proper U shaped backs.

cant comment on silkies ive never had them, but sure is cute.

wouldnt mind seeing another photo of the sebrights, that rooster does like a bit unproportionate in the photo

ill try tomarrow and the silkie is ok she has a few to many hard feathers but i just got them for us to have around because they are adorable she is my first silkie and her mate he has to many hard feathers..... i hope to show my japs and sebrights at open shows and hopefully my d'uccle's babies b/c their coloring isnt good! but im working on it wats the fun with starting out with the best when you can work your way up and its 10x more rewarding than winning with someone elses hard work!!! and the silkie is dirty she free ranged at her old home she isnt discolored

Last edited by a moderator:
any photos of your japs? i also have some black tailed white japanese (8 at the moment, 5f, 3m), not of the best quality, they are all 6 months old, i bought young and grew out. i think my pullets are faily nice (some white extending into the tail feathers which isnt great), but the cockerals look to have slight 'squirrel' tails, i will have to wait and see what they look like fully developed, maybe try to order some eggs to hatch from nicer stock to get a nice roo.

Back
Top Bottom