What do you have in your flock?

Pics
I have had many flocks over the years. Just got chicks this year for the first time in 5 years (bought pullets last time) & I have 5 Austarlorps, 4 EEs & 4 Partridge Rocks from Meyer. I am really enjoying the BAs & Rocks, as I have never had these two breeds before. I also finally got a different color EE after always having the gold & brown color. This year I have 3 of the gold coloring & one that has a white head with gray back coloring. At first I thought it could be a roo, but have seen this particular hen color in other's pictures of there EEs. I am curious about the BAs, as 2 have bigger combs, but not as big as other straight combed roosters who I could always tell by 3-4 weeks. They will be 8 weeks on Monday. I understand you can be fooled with this breed. I am kind of hoping for a rooster, so time will tell.

We have had MFDC, A Buff Orp, RIRs, EEs, ECM, BSLs, Brahmas, two 'in-between' cohins, five silkies, Red Star, and a white leghorn spread out over the years.

Magpies, Anconas, A runner, Campbells, and now Harelequins! Though I will probably get rid of the campbells when the harlequins start laying.

Right now I have:
Pearl grey guinea fowl
white leghorns
BB red old English game bantams.

I want to get:
Ancona ducks
Easter egger
a goose

So far we have White Leghorns, Rhode Island Reds, and Easter Eggers. It gives us a variety of egg colors. White, brown, and blue.

Next, I want to get some Barre Rock or Dominiques simply for their feather color pattern.

I raise a few different breeds.
Welsummers
BBRed Phoenix
Red Quill American Gamefowl
Silkies
BBRed American Game Bantams
We keep our breeds separated so we have purebreds.
We do mix up the different varieties of Silkies, so their chicks are always a surprise.
I have also started a breeding project with some of my phoenix and gamefowl. My goal is to have birds with the erect tail and color of the gamefowl, with the long saddle and sickle feathers of the phoenix.
Just wanting to create something with more eye appeal for myself.

I raise a few different breeds.
Welsummers
BBRed Phoenix
Red Quill American Gamefowl
Silkies
BBRed American Game Bantams
We keep our breeds separated so we have purebreds.
We do mix up the different varieties of Silkies, so their chicks are always a surprise.
I have also started a breeding project with some of my phoenix and gamefowl. My goal is to have birds with the erect tail and color of the gamefowl, with the long saddle and sickle feathers of the phoenix.
Just wanting to create something with more eye appeal for myself.
If the breeding works out, be sure to post pictures! It sounds like it would be a wonderful bird to look at!

I have 2 Barred rock hens, And 1 Barred rock rooster,1 dominique rooster,2 Rhode island red hens, 1 black copper maran,2 Easter egg hens,1 Welsummer rooster,1 Salmon Faverolle,2 Bantam roosters,2 Brown leghorns,2 white leghorn,1 austra white hen. I Also 5 chicks,and 3 baby bantams!

3 Easter Eggers(Brownie, Cinder, Indigo
2 Barred Rocks(Bea(trix), Grantie)
1 Black Jersey Giant(Wisteriea)
1 Black Austrolorp(Blackie)
1 Silver Laced Wyandotte(Raven)
1 White Leg-Erm, I mean a chicken(Harriet)
1 Faun and White Idian Runner Duck(DuckDuck)

Hopefully this year:
1 BlueAndilusian
1 Black Sumatra
2 Easter Eggers
1 Partridge Silkie
1 Molted Cochin Bantam

Back
Top Bottom