What do you love about chickens?

What I love about our chickens:
- They brighten our morning! It's cold and dark, but the chickens are so excited to see us. It's a great way to start the day.
- They provide endless opportunities to learn. I've seen people on here claiming they still learn new things after 20+ years of chicken keeping.
- Impossible levels of cuteness.
- They can be quite self-sufficient on days when the weather (or my mental health) is poor, and I just can't spend as much time with them. It's a lot less pressure than a dog, for instance.

My pullets LOVE going places they shouldn't when I let them have some free reign in the evenings. It's worse than chasing toddlers. I'll grab one and she'll go in "time out" on my lap and fall asleep. Meanwhile another one is doing the same naughty behavior behind me. Maybe they just want the time out time????

Attachments

• Sweet Marie 6wks.jpg
    Sweet Marie 6wks.jpg
    476.8 KB · Views: 7
My pullets LOVE going places they shouldn't when I let them have some free reign in the evenings. It's worse than chasing toddlers. I'll grab one and she'll go in "time out" on my lap and fall asleep. Meanwhile another one is doing the same naughty behavior behind me. Maybe they just want the time out time????
Awwww so sweet 💕😊

What I love about our chickens:
- They brighten our morning! It's cold and dark, but the chickens are so excited to see us. It's a great way to start the day.
- They provide endless opportunities to learn. I've seen people on here claiming they still learn new things after 20+ years of chicken keeping.
- Impossible levels of cuteness.
- They can be quite self-sufficient on days when the weather (or my mental health) is poor, and I just can't spend as much time with them. It's a lot less pressure than a dog, for instance.
:goodpost:

23 weeks she and her sisters, and still haven’t laid an egg, her other sister is 26 weeks and still no eggs.

I think at this point with winter coming on they may wait till Spring to lay. They are all half Polish and mums are all barnyard mutts.

Proud Dada Mr P, maybe Polish chickens lay later than other chickens

View attachment 3662255

And another thing I love about chickens is their wattles 💕
What the wattle?!??😳😳😳😍

Adorable!! Someones in love 🐓❤️

It is interesting that chickens are so entrenched in so many cultures - and those were some beautiful Roos.
can I be honest? Some stupid people will eat this rooster after festival. stupid. We never did this bad thing. some people come from a cave and make this beautiful animal like a nothing. We respect. God provide. We enjoy. Easy life like this. Blessings come when you love anima;l. Let please we our town be example, not all people can be bad. We love just as you American people love animals of a good way. No wonder i come to here! <3 love and peace on you my friends.

can I be honest? Some stupid people will eat this rooster after festival. stupid. We never did this bad thing. some people come from a cave and make this beautiful animal like a nothing. We respect. God provide. We enjoy. Easy life like this. Blessings come when you love anima;l. Let please we our town be example, not all people can be bad. We love just as you American people love animals of a good way. No wonder i come to here! <3 love and peace on you my friends.
Everywhere has people who enjoy their animals and pets, and treat them with kindness.

And animals will reciprocate this kindness - another thing I like about chickens:

- In the morning when I am doing chores they will file past me through the doorway on their way to their breakfast, and the will be clucking, grumbling and singing their songs, and they will look up at me as if to say good morning. Some will even stop and grumble and sing, they know I don’t have food so it’s not food they are looking for. It conversation I am sure. I will talk back with them and they will chat back. So funny 😊

Everywhere has people who enjoy their animals and pets, and treat them with kindness.

And animals will reciprocate this kindness - another thing I like about chickens:

- In the morning when I am doing chores they will file past me through the doorway on their way to their breakfast, and the will be clucking, grumbling and singing their songs, and they will look up at me as if to say good morning. Some will even stop and grumble and sing, they know I don’t have food so it’s not food they are looking for. It conversation I am sure. I will talk back with them and they will chat back. So funny 😊
When i look at said chicken, and say their name, i look for a response. I can instantly determine the mood. A verbal response is best. A look of recognition is good too. If i am ignored, and avoided eye contact, we have a problem. Thats when the treats get brought out. I've never had a hen deny special treats and I hope I never do! 🐓❤️

Back
Top Bottom