what do you think of my BLRW roo?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by technodoll, Oct 20, 2010.

1. technodoll

technodoll Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2009
    Quebec, Canada
    He's 6 months old now and soooo sweet with his ladies...

Walks around all puffed up, a real macho macho man [​IMG]

I know he's hatchery quality (leg color, for starters) but I just find him spectacular - can't wait to see him in a few more months as he's still maturing!

[​IMG]

2. Chickndaddy

Chickndaddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2007
    East Texas
    I actually think he is pretty nice looking. Don't quote me but his hackles and saddle might be a shade to orange/brassy. Ideally I think they should be a bit darker. He is also pretty heart-shaped which is what you are looking for. Of course he isn't as pronounced as a show quality Wyandotte.

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I don't know if he is SQ, but he is beautiful!

4. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    I could be wrong but he looks more like a Blue Laced Gold than a Blue Laced Red.

Chris

5. technodoll

technodoll Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2009
    Quebec, Canada
    Quote:Could he be a mix of both? the lady I got him from only breeds BLRWs though... [​IMG]

6. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    I dont know if he's SQ or anything, but he is BEAUTIFUL!

7. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    OMG - He is B E U T I F U L !

8. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Quote:Bingo. I think the hatchery was a little desperate for $$ and just used their gold laced birds a bit much. He's gold laced, his leg color of course is wrong, and his leg length seems a bit much. His lacing seems nice in the front, but his thighs aren't laced at all.

His main issue is the fact that he's gold, not red, and his leg color is wrong.

9. BlackBart

BlackBart Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Whatever colour he is one thing for sure, he is beautiful.

10. HBuehler

HBuehler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Lebanon TN
    Very pretty for a hatchery version...way off what is wanted for the color like all the hatchery one's seem to be BUT unless your selling his hatching eggs..I mean from his ladies or chicks as show quality high breeding material not a problem If you have him because you love him and he's just got his flock for your enjoyment then he's perfect [​IMG]
    I only have BLRW from the top breeders and they have the best attitude not sure how the hatchery one's are but if they are anything like mine you have no choice but be hooked on him.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by