What do you think of the new BYC platform?

What do you think of the new BYC platform?

• Love it

Votes: 44 21.8%
  • Like it

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • 50-50 Love-Hate

Votes: 44 21.8%
  • Hate it

Votes: 81 40.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that info speckled!

I have just been putzing around for like 20 minutes. I haven't messed with much and I haven't figured it all out. So, I'll have an opinion in a few days I think. So far, not so bad.

Feeling some disappointment as I was in the middle of reading a very long thread. Now I cannot get back to the page I was reading except by selecting pages nine or so at a time. It will take forever getting to 700. Going from the present backwards will be even longer. Am I missing something for finding my spot?
~zoichick~

Too soon to really tell, give me a few days.
caf.gif

I do like the Currently Viewing window----------------->

Last edited:
Its a nice change, BUT I am so confused trying to find my threads ! I like it when the threads comes in and I can choose what I want to read and answer. I like the plain old BYC thread reply. the new one has too much information !!!!
sad.png

can some one tell me or point out the advantages of being PPM?

if there a list of what the perks are?

This is my first post to the new forum. Too early to tell, but it will certainly take some getting used to. I think for the most part I will like it.

I do agree that the right side seems a bit cluttered. Would those ads go away with the purchase of a GFM?

Also, the white is a bit bright for my eyes as well. The overall look of the website is nice and it seems like there are quite a few neat things in this new platform, but the white seems to be everywhere! I do not think I would be able to use the website if I had a slight head ache or was not feeling that great.

I will submit my answer to the poll after I am able to use the site a bit more! I was missing it when the old one was down.

I like it a lot. And appreciate all the work and thought that went into these changes. I particularily like how easy it was to change my login password this morning. And I LOVE the spell check.
ya.gif

Thanks to all who contributed. Well done. oh, and the smiley table......BYC you have taken the site well into new technology....

To be totally truthful the search engine sucks, I hate that you have to use there spell check and cant use your own, I am a member on a lot of forums some poultry others gardening, computer etc. and this has to be the most confusing forum that I have been on yet. Way to much crap crammed onto one page. Bigger isn't always better.

ETA;
I dislike that you no longer have a privet photo album on her, it is now public.
I deleted my photo album I will start using a off site photo host like photo bucket or Image Shack.

I see that you cant right click in a post to do anything but paste.
barnie.gif

Chris

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom