what do you think

...could I take my favorite chick flash a welsummer that I desperately want home with the few keets and raise the chick with the keets then integrate them all to my flock of guinea-hens...
I do not think that is a good idea.

well the thing is i kindof have never owned chickens and everyone is pushing me to so
guys listen flash here

he came from my favorite egg
he is my favorite chick
he is my favorite breed of chicken
i love him sooo much and i cant bear to let him go

If you want to have that chick, I suggest you get a chicken coop, and some other chicks, and then Flash can live happily with the other chickens.

That would be the best way to have this chick, and keep it alive and healthy and happy.

Chickens and guineas are enough different that they will probably not live happily together.
Yes, they are related birds, but not related enough to live together happily.
Think about if you tried to live with the gorillas at the zoo-- gorillas are related to people, but you would not be very happy trying to live with them!

Tuesday Morning Reaction GIF by The Secret Life Of Pets

except helll be tricked to being a guinea
That is highly doubtful.
I will say that I have had one chicken hen -- one single chicken hen out of a few dozen -- who has gotten along with guineas. She is a Wyandotte who was raised alongside a few guinea keets, and as she grew, her feathers were very similar in color to those of the guineas, being black and white.
However, she has also been pecked a bit recently, and is very much a chicken. She does hang out with the guineas sometimes, but roosts with the chickens, mates with the male rooster, and overall acts very much like a chicken and is apart from the guineas.

Guineas are by nature rude to chickens and other, smaller, less aggressive flock birds, especially when hormones come into play. Were it a single guinea among a flock of chickens, then I would say that it might be doable -- though the guinea would be lonely -- but because chickens are smaller and less aggressive than guineas, the poor chick would most likely be run into the ground and bullied to the point of bleeding, or even death.

If you can get two or three chicken chicks, then you could probably have them coexist with the guineas, but only one chicken in a flock of guineas is a very bad idea.

That is highly doubtful.
I will say that I have had one chicken hen -- one single chicken hen out of a few dozen -- who has gotten along with guineas. She is a Wyandotte who was raised alongside a few guinea keets, and as she grew, her feathers were very similar in color to those of the guineas, being black and white.
However, she has also been pecked a bit recently, and is very much a chicken. She does hang out with the guineas sometimes, but roosts with the chickens, mates with the male rooster, and overall acts very much like a chicken and is apart from the guineas.

Guineas are by nature rude to chickens and other, smaller, less aggressive flock birds, especially when hormones come into play. Were it a single guinea among a flock of chickens, then I would say that it might be doable -- though the guinea would be lonely -- but because chickens are smaller and less aggressive than guineas, the poor chick would most likely be run into the ground and bullied to the point of bleeding, or even death.

If you can get two or three chicken chicks, then you could probably have them coexist with the guineas, but only one chicken in a flock of guineas is a very bad idea.
hmm two or three

so i talked to my teacher he is seems OK with me taking flash he would want me to take a few companions i would take 2 others i am just not sure which breeds i want here is what we think we have what 2 do you think would be good i kind of want a Austra white and a Plymouth
  • Austra whites
  • Plymouth rocks
  • Rhode island reds
  • leghorns

kind of want a Austra white and a Plymouth. i am taking flash we are suspecting now is a mix

If you really love this chick you will do what's best for him and listen to the knowledgeable members who are trying to help you.

so i talked to my teacher he is seems OK with me taking flash he would want me to take a few companions i would take 2 others i am just not sure which breeds i want here is what we think we have what 2 do you think would be good i kind of want a Austra white and a Plymouth
  • Austra whites
  • Plymouth rocks
  • Rhode island reds
  • leghorns

kind of want a Austra white and a Plymouth. i am taking flash we are suspecting now is a mix
Any of those breeds would probably do well together, so go with what you want :)

Back
Top Bottom